Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Back Ribs - KCBS Style

Options
1voyager
1voyager Posts: 1,157
I usually make ribs with a dry rub only but Boss Lady wanted baby backs slathered with her double-secret KCBS-style BBQ sauce. 

Coarse salt and pepper. Refrigerate 24 hours uncovered.

Add favorite rub. This time I used Carolina High Country BBQ Rub from Savory Spice Shop. Refrigerate for 2 hours uncovered.

225 degrees indirect with apple juice in drip pan.

Texas Crutch method -
2 1/2 house meat side up.

1 1/2 hours in foil, meat side down with 2 teaspoons of butter an a quarter cup Franks Red Hot Sauce.

1 hour, meat side up slathered in Boss Lady''s double-secret KCBS-style sauce.

Serve with generous amount of red wine! 

Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.

Comments

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Looks like a winner from here. Good job!
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,543
    Options
    That's a winner!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Looks tender and delicious :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • 1voyager
    Options
    Thank-you. I have learned so much from people here. I'm still in the "I can't believe I made this" mode.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Those look excellent. I don't want to give away any secrets...but I think at least one ingredient might be onions. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• 1voyager
    Options
    Those look excellent. I don't want to give away any secrets...but I think at least one ingredient might be onions. 
    Oh no! I'm in big trouble with Boss Lady!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,863
    Options
    1voyager said:
    Thank-you. I have learned so much from people here. I'm still in the "I can't believe I made this" mode.
    Never lose that. Losing site of the wonder of things is a sure fire way to take the fun out of something. Unfortunately there are many who suffer the affliction. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX