Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cowboy Kent, Deep Fried Strip, CI tips.

Options
Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
Really dig this guy out of Seymour, TX.
Cooks a ton with his chuckwagon and Bertha, a CI wood stove.

For the eggers out there with deep fryers, this looks wonderful.
https://youtu.be/QCGKvGisptg

Also, sound advice on CI, CK definitely knows what he's doin'.
https://youtu.be/nrZ-o4B8UBw
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I like his version of coffee. Check it out when you have time.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Focker
    Options
    SGH said:
    Will do Scottie, thanks.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I like it.  Don't know if I'll do it.  Thanks Brandon!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Focker said:
    SGH said:
    Will do Scottie, thanks.
    If you do, don't skip the step where he says to pour cold water down the spout. The cold water trick sinks the grains just like he says.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Focker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    SGH said:
    Focker said:
    SGH said:
    Will do Scottie, thanks.
    If you do, don't skip the step where he says to pour cold water down the spout. The cold water trick sinks the grains just like he says.  
    I will try this on my portable induction burner named Bertha, which gets "rollin'" quick, maybe ladle it out. 

Hard to beat the Bunn though.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Focker said:
    SGH said:
    Focker said:
    SGH said:
    Will do Scottie, thanks.
    I will try this on my portable induction burner named Bertha, which gets "rollin'" quick, maybe ladle it out. 

I'd probably only try it camping. I see zero improvement over French Press, other than pour-over or Aeropress. If it's not Baroque, why fix it?
  • Focker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Focker said:
    SGH said:
    Focker said:
    SGH said:
    Will do Scottie, thanks.

I'd probably only try it camping. I see zero improvement over French Press, other than pour-over or Aeropress. If it's not Baroque, why fix it?
    You being the GI guy, he talked about the reduced acidity.  Not sure how much of that is true, I'm far from offering barista pro-tips, but I think CK is a straight shooter. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Focker said:
    Focker said:
    SGH said:
    Focker said:
    SGH said:
    Will do Scottie, thanks.

You being the GI guy, he talked about the reduced acidity.  Not sure how much of that is true, I'm far from offering barista pro-tips, but I think CK is a straight shooter. 
    But...he says searing seals in the juices.  :o
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Focker
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Focker said:
    Focker said:
    SGH said:
    Focker said:
    SGH said:
    Will do Scottie, thanks.

But...he says searing seals in the juices.  :o
    Look at the big brain on Brad!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• HellrodKC
    HellrodKC Posts: 174
    Options
    This guy was on Chopped a couple years back. If I remember correctly, he did pretty damn well.
  • Focker
    Options
    HellrodKC said:
    This guy was on Chopped a couple years back. If I remember correctly, he did pretty damn well.
    Speculoos, fennel, clam, tofu, red ernyin in the dessert round?!?!  Kent slayed it, for never being exposed to those ingredients.
    https://youtu.be/4lcvXCRU2-o
    Brandon
    Quad Cities