Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Arrival!!!

Options
Brian from Fire It Up delivered my new Large BGE this evening. It's like Christmas in March. A big thank you to my wife for letting me spend the money for this.

Green Eggin' in South Carolina
Go Gamecocks!!!

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Congrats!  Now get some smoke rollin!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,542
    Options
    Congrats!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • camofreak
    camofreak Posts: 161
    Options
    Brian went over a lot of information and tips and we lit it up. We just did some chicken breasts for our first cook but they were great. Nice and juicy and just the right hint of smoke.

Go Gamecocks!!!
  • camofreak
    Options
    He threw together a package deal with a couple of accessories.

Go Gamecocks!!!
  • camofreak
    Options
    I was real happy with the way this thing holds its temperature. I'm going to have a fun weekend. I'm going to love this egging thing.

Go Gamecocks!!!
  • Rte1985
    Rte1985 Posts: 304
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Enjoy your new addiction!
  • Brandongodfrey
    Options
    Congrats ! Is that a larger temp gauge ?? 
  • camofreak
    Options
    He said the new LBGE comes with the bigger temp guage and the new hinge system. It is easier to open than the old model and it seats the gasket different. Nice upgrades.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Congrats on the new hardware. Glad to have you around. Hope you enjoy the journey! I really like the bigger gauge.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Brandongodfrey
    Options
    Very nice ! Anyone know if you can buy the new upgraded gauges ?? 
  • SBGonzo
    SBGonzo Posts: 137
    Options
    Enjoy the new egg and Grill On!
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    ... welcome to the madness 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Congrats man, have fun!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Excellent...welcome. Hope to see more cooks soon.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    camofreak said:
    Brian from Fire It Up delivered my new Large BGE this evening. It's like Christmas in March. A big thank you to my wife for letting me spend the money for this.

Very nice. You will need to build up some wife points quickly. You will be draining the money well dry very soon. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Congrats on the new egg. And welcome to the forum.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Congrats and Welcome to THE FAMILY
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    My dealer put the bge box in the back end of my suburban and said thanks - looks like yours went above and well beyond - welcome to the forum! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Welcome to the Eggdiction.  My dealer as well delivered my egg for free, showed me how to use it and has been very helpful in giving me advice when cooking something and I had an issue.  Some dealers go above and beyond.  That reminds me I haven't been into my dealer in a while.  I need to stop in time soon.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    My dealer put the bge box in the back end of my suburban and said thanks - looks like yours went above and well beyond - welcome to the forum! 
    I thought they're required to assemble it for no charge if you ask?

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• bhedges1987
    Options
    I've seen the way my dealer puts together their eggs... I always opt to do it myself when they ask to put it together for me. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,168
    Options
    Congrats!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,168
    Options
    My dealer does a great job of assembly.  They take a lot of pride in it.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • camofreak
    Options
    There are two dealers here in Florence. The one I go to is called Fire It Up. He is real particular and did a great job of assembly. He delivered it and showed us how to light it and showed me a few neat tricks that I did not know. He stayed while the chicken cooked and talked with me and my wife about different recipes and seasonings. Kind of building that relationship for repeat business. I'll be going back for a place setter and I'll be buying my charcoal from him.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
  • Ima_good_egg
    Options
    Congrats!
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options

congrats and welcome

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Congrats.   I look forward to some good cooks coming from you!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Enjoy your new egg. It's nice to see they are now including the larger temp gauge and updated hinge. 
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Very nice ! Anyone know if you can buy the new upgraded gauges ?? 
    Yes, just hit up your local dealer. Or the smokeware might be a cheaper alternative for you. 
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    Congrats - you're gonna love it!  And your wife will, too!
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...