Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado Eggfest Pre and Post Party News

Options
Hotch
Hotch Posts: 3,564
Due to the possibility of inclement weather, plans are underway to relocate the Pre and Post Parties.  Possibly at Pace Park or another location.  Please stay tuned for more details...
Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
BGE Chiminea
Prosper, TX

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Thanks Hotch.
    Hope the weather holds out for you. Better half is just not travel worthy yet, sorry to miss Salado this year. I was holding out for more improvement.
    Travel safe and post some photos when you can.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Standing by. But I have a hard time seeing an ethanol-free park as the solution...

Does anybody know what flower pot to look in to find the key to @Mickey's house? 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Standing by. But I have a hard time seeing an ethanol-free park as the solution...

Does anybody know what flower pot to look in to find the key to @Mickey's house? 
    I am looking for your ice chest today. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Foghorn
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Foghorn said:

I am looking for your ice chest today. 

You'll find it in your kitchen in Salado tomorrow evening. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    So I am told that the pre Party will be held outside of the Salado Ace Hardware Store this evening from around 6:30 pm till 10 ish! This is the same center as the Brookshire Brothers grocery store.
    We will see you there this evening!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Who's going to drive me to the Inn On The Creek at the end of the party?

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    See if they will send the limo. For real. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Foghorn
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Foghorn said:

That will work.  I'll ask when I check in.  Although I still think that having the party at your house is the best way to go.

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Mickey said:
    Foghorn said:

That will work.  I'll ask when I check in.  Although I still think that having the party at your house is the best way to go.
    You forget I have that attack poodle at the house. 

• keithacehardware
    Options

Hey Everyone, sorry we are just now figuring out how to post items on here but as Hotch has already mentioned we will be having the Pre party at our store starting at 6:30 and hope everybody can come. And also alcohol will be allowed at pace park tomorrow for those of you who'd like to have a cold beverage or two. We have spoken to the council and also the sheriffs that are now patrolling Salado for us since we are down to one police officer. I hope to see all of you all tonight and or tomorrow.   

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Alcohol approval = best first post ever
  • Foghorn
    edited March 2017
    Options
    That's a timely post.

I just loaded the beer cooler. 

Lots of big Belgians. 

San Antonio, TX

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Nice selection of beer there.  I can make out a lot of them.  What is the Lost Abbey offering?
    You sure are going to be drinking well.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Foghorn
    Options
    Legume said:
    Alcohol approval = best first post ever
    + 1,000,000

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Options
    texaswig said:
    Very good. That was the first HEB meal that fully sucked. I set it down for her, she took a bite and made that face. She did eat it but she will also eat deer poop. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Will there be eggs to cook on at the meet & greet?? I've got a wing-off to win here!!

keithacehardware said:

Hey Everyone, sorry we are just now figuring out how to post items on here but as Hotch has already mentioned we will be having the Pre party at our store starting at 6:30 and hope everybody can come. And also alcohol will be allowed at pace park tomorrow for those of you who'd like to have a cold beverage or two. We have spoken to the council and also the sheriffs that are now patrolling Salado for us since we are down to one police officer. I hope to see all of you all tonight and or tomorrow.   

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • keithacehardware
    Options

There will be a total of four eggs out there.

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Thanks Hotch.
    Hope the weather holds out for you. Better half is just not travel worthy yet, sorry to miss Salado this year. I was holding out for more improvement.
    We will catch up with you at the Space City Eggfest or Athens. Hope wife is feeling better soon.  John Wallace
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • caliking
    Options
    Sorry to hear Laura is feeling under the weather @Photo Egg. Nurse her back to health pronto :)

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    egger ave said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Thanks Hotch.
    We will catch up with you at the Space City Eggfest or Athens. Hope wife is feeling better soon.  John Wallace
    Thank you...sad to miss Salado. We are booked for Athens. I will be there even if I have to travel solo.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Foghorn
    Options
    I just bumped into @caliking and caliqueen, and caliprince. I must be in the right place. 

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I just bumped into @caliking and caliqueen, and caliprince. I must be in the right place. 
    What t-shirt is caliprince in? Always the coolest t-shirts. 

• Foghorn
    Options
    Dude, if you don't have the decency to show up at an Eggfest in your small town, I'm not going to let you live vicariously through me. 

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    Options
    CutMickey said:
    Foghorn said:
    What t-shirt is caliprince in? Always the coolest t-shirts. 
    Wait. You won't be disappointed .

But this feels weird. I've been in Salado for 2hrs and haven't seen @Mickey yet. 

• Foghorn
    Options
    @keithacehardware,do you have wifi at the store?

San Antonio, TX

• egger ave
    Options
    Low tonight 61 High tomorrow 71, maybe a chance of a thunderstorm. Nice weather for an eggfest. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    So no preparty pics yet, what is going on down there...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mickey
    Options
    Bet @Foghorn is down by the Creek looking for @henapple who is a no-show. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options

Did you mention what a group of drunken misfits this group is?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin