Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeti flagship store

Options
Austin-based Yeti unwraps flagship store on South Congress

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Can anyone confirm that RTIC is selling their coolers in the attic?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Smokin_Trout
    Options
    The store was probably paid for by RTIC.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Surprised they don't charge admission.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,121
    Options
    Anybody remember the TV show American Chopper?  It jumped the shark when they built a huge ego pumping retail store.

This seems like a bad idea.  Just a huge drain on company resources with no payback.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Nah - those that clamor for self-esteem through high dollar purchases will swarm the place.

I have a buddy in TX that bought a $500 Festool shop vac...no doubt he will camp out for a week to be first in line at Yetiland.
  • BrookieP
    BrookieP Posts: 135
    Options
    Going to Franklin's BBQ is on my bucket list. I could see myself stopping by there to have a drink (which will probably be stupidly expensive) and check it out while in Austin. Even the article says they aren't expecting everyone who walks through the door to buy something.
    XL BGE & 36" Blackstone
    Instagram: BGEBrooke