Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza at buddy's place today for the game.

Options
Made the dough last nite, loaded up the minimax in the Shaggin' Wagon and ill post picts of some of the pies later on...

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    They are in for a treat. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    Homemade pizza with a dough recipe I got of the forum cooked on the egg has become a once a week thing at our house . Make sure there are some cook pics.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Cant wait for more photos...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    I can't wait to see this!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Froman
    Froman Posts: 201
    Options
    MmMmMm.  Mass pizza cooks are fun on the MM.  Let everybody make their own and crank them out.  :)
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    The za's turned out awesome- except 2 of the 12 and those two had burnt bottoms, maybe stone was too hot?  anyway what i did was take picts with my tablet and with all the brewskis i drank last nite, by the time i left my  buddy's place with the designated driver, i neggleggted to pick up the tablet.  maybe i'll go get it tonite... took some picts of the pies and they were a hit. NO leftovers.

dough recipe was Roberta's which was posted on the BGE forum somewhere

i'll get the tablet back and post picts of the pies.  

What a game too!
  • westernbbq
    Options
    Ok here are picts....juat got the tablet back! @Froman. @JohnnyTarheel amd @Photo Egg,  take a look

Sorry about blurryness,  cook had a couple too many stellas!
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Nice. I'd take a slice. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• westernbbq
    Options
    You got. It @bhedges1987!

Its hard to tell from the picture but the mm dome thermo lapped the dialnsonwe were 900F to 1000F by my best estimate....
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Nice work on the premade dough and traveling and all. Good looking za!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • westernbbq
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Nice work on the premade dough and traveling and all. Good looking za!
    Thanks @WeberWho.     The idea that put me over the top on the MM was this capability,   to be able to take it to a friend's house, make the za and enjoy rockstar results.   Taking the MM to mexico and to the mountains of northern az has also worked into the mix

Taking it up to strawberry, az in a couple of weeks to make pizza for my sisters birthday. So ill make the dough here amd lug it all up there.   With practice ive gotten it figured out, and the uuni is a good one to have too because of the addition of the gas burner.  Gas allows taking it to tailgate parties.  I might still rig up a gas burner for mm so it can be hauled to games.  The pizza is always a huge hit.....
  • WeberWho
    Options
    How's the dough with traveling, different temps, environments, etc? I've thought about making dough and traveling with it but wasn't sure how the consistency would be from one place to the other 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Awesome cook.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • westernbbq
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    How's the dough with traveling, different temps, environments, etc? I've thought about making dough and traveling with it but wasn't sure how the consistency would be from one place to the other 
    Traveling hasnt been an issue as so far its just been across town.  When i go see family in mountains theres a yk elevation change so im curios to see how that affects the dough and the mm fire
  • WeberWho
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Traveling hasnt been an issue as so far its just been across town.  When i go see family in mountains theres a yk elevation change so im curios to see how that affects the dough and the mm fire
    Good to know. Thanks. I've always wondered how traveling with dough would go to my parents place. 

Minnesota
  • westernbbq
    Options
    5k. Not yk.  Elevation change,,,  fat fingers amd screen touch give me fits!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    Love those dough containers. How's your uuni gas burner working?  btw, hope you don't mind me saying... turn the hopper handle away from the rear, so the wood handle won't get 'flamed' when you removed the door.
    canuckland
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Very nice work. I like the idea of taking the egg to a friend's house. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Blurry pics aside I've seen your pizzas before so I already know you killed. Nice work man. 
    https://youtu.be/NEOHFbhWiG0
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • westernbbq
    Options
    @Canugghead, dont mind at all man. We are here to help each other out....havent done a gas fired pizza cook yet because i need to mount the burner via a longerbolt thru the bottom of uuni and ive been too lazy to look for one.  Ill get to it tho...

and @NPHuskerFL, thanks for the props.  Ive n
    Become obsessed with perfecting the home made dough amd i figure another 15 years or so of practice should do it....but those stellas last sunday were going down smooth

Cold beer, great football and being out at the grill making za on egg and in uuni was pretty cool....