Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forgive me. . .

Options
Pug
Pug Posts: 57
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Forgive me forum for I have sinned. It has been two weeks since my last egging. Work has been busy- so tonight, chicken on the BGE. Anyone have any suggestions for leg quarters?[p]Thanks, [p]Steve

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Pug, Your forgiven..deer, antelope, buffalo, ostrich, emu, or chicken?
    All in fun..
    C~W[p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Pug,
    Ooooh! We do chicken a two or three times a week. when I don't have enough time to marinate, I make a paste with mustard (or a mustard mix with yellow and dijon), a tbsp or so of soy sauce, some peanut butter, lots of pepper, and some garlic or onion powder and some peanut oil. Maybe some ginger or ground corriander seeds, or your favorite rub...maybe some cayenne. And a tbsp or two of citruc splash as an option. Slather that all around and under the skin. Grill direct at 275-300 flipping every 20 minutes, or 400 indirect flipping once after 40 minutes, until internal is 170-175 for legs. [p]Purty darn good.[p]Just an idear.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Pug
    Pug Posts: 57
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I may get to try each and every one of your ideas. The wife sent me to the store to get some milk and I returned with an arm load of chicken that was on sale. My medium BGE will definately not hold all that I have. What a problem to have. Life is good-for sure. [p]Steve

• Char-Woody, ya ninny..he did say "chicken"! Ya blew yer entry! :-(
    Wonder how ostrich would taste?
    C~W (Char-Woody's shadow)[p]