Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT...ok, this is funny

Options
Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    That's funny.  Thanks for the laugh!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    that's why I ride on the roads. all I have to worry about is getting run over by a truck. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Reminds me of setting up @bgebrent 's canopy last year at the inaugural NCBB.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited January 2017
    Options
    that's why I ride on the roads. all I have to worry about is getting run over by a truck. =)
    Had a friend almost die in a road bike wreck. In my opinion he is an idiot. They ride at speeds over 3o miles an hour, only inches away for other riders tires. He admitted it was his fault as he bumped tires and took out himself and others. Broke all kinds of stuff and punctured a lung. This was recreational riding in a training pack on a public road. It should be illegal.IMO
    His wife suffered similar accident a year earlier.

http://www.grindtv.com/bike/racing-cyclist-hangs-bridge-dear-life-spectacular-crash-video/#6lj1R350MaFX9Wic.97

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    i seen a guy this summer riding no hands thru commuter traffic and texting =) was that you
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    OK, that was gut ripping funny...and racial profiling...lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Electric fences hurt! I have been stung more than once.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Ok, this as NOT funny. Tour de France a few years ago, Jens Voigt went down hard. Not sure of his speed, but on the downhills, they don't dawdle. And a face plant would HAVE to hurt! Next day, they had video of him sitting up in his hospital bed, battered and bruised, but alive. He rode for a few more years. Now he's a race commentator.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p1-gCNldUc

@Photo Egg, I don't ride like that. :) No group racing for me. Once in a while I hit 30, but not often. Took this pic on one of my rides. Fairly typical, road and traffic.

@fishlessman, LOL, no, that was NOT me! =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Photo Egg
    edited January 2017
    Options

That stretch of road is beautiful...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Yesterday a young boy was hit by a car, because he did not fallow the rules of the road.  Very said, I hope he will be ok.  When I drive through my neighborhood and others I am always watching out for kids playing and have stopped for kids when they run out in the street to get a ball or they are on a bike and don't pay attention to their surroundings.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article129730284.html
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    60 Minutes did a story the other day about battery powered motors being used in bicycle racing. It was very interesting.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-investigates-hidden-motors-and-pro-cycling/
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    The only time I lost it on road rage, is with a person riding a bicycle, which thought he was entitled to not following traffic protocol, and safe, yet courteous riding.
    The dude ran a red light, dressed in dark clothing and having zero reflective gear or running lights, right in front of me, on a 4 lane throughway, posted for 35 mph, in a congested part of town.
    I slammed on my breaks, and went into, and over top, of a curb, having no idea how I missed the guy. None.
    That sumbich, rode back around to my car while I was out looking at the damage, and while, on the bike, kicked my car, while telling me I needed to be more careful, in about as salty of language as you can imagine.
    I knocked him off his bike, and when he got up I dropped him like 7A.M. freshman comp.
    I understand, not every bike rider is not like that idiot, but the decent bike riders seem to get much negative recognition because of people like him, and there are plenty. I would hope the police would be as diligent about those folks as they are about skate boarders.
    Rant over. Sorry.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky