Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

V-rack for ribs or pork tenderloins

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for the info on picnics and butts. Very helpful. I still need some info from someone on how to use the rack inverted for ribs and pork tenderloins or is it used like this?
Thanks again for helping this rookie. I have already had great success with steaks and pork tenderloins on the grill over the fire.[p]Ray Price

Comments

• SloMo
    SloMo Posts: 21
    Options
    Ray Price,
    Turn the V-rack over.
    You now have a Rib rack.
    Stand the ribs between the bars in a vertical position.
    Also works well to cook chicken havles.
    SloMo

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Ray Price,[p]The link below is to a picture of the inverted v-rack with 6 racks of baby back ribs resting on them. They went into the Egg as you see them.[p]The picture on TimMs website. The cook was by Cat of her ribs at Eggfest2000.[p]Spin[p]

[ul][li]Inverted vrack for ribs[/ul]
  • Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Options
    Spin,
    You guys are great to share your experience y expertise. Question on the V-Rack: Does BGE sell one for the Large, or can or do you all use any rack from a roasting pan, etc.?[p]Just ordered my Polder from Charbroil, and will be ready to try my first Pulled pork/butt soon. Man, this Egg thing sure makes it tough on my New Year resolutions.[p]Thanks again for sharing

Big Murth in Nuevo Mexico.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    View?u=1386188&a=10352365&p=37534220
    <p />Ray Price, Here the start of 4 slabs of babybacks. I cut mine in half and they fit very nice in the V-Rack. You can't see it but there is a layer of fire bricks under them. I cook about 5 hours at 250-275 indirect.[p]CWM
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Big Murth,[p]You can use just about any rack you want. BGE does sell the v-rack pictured (fits the large nicely). I like it because it is stronger than any others I can find around here.[p]You will enjoy cooking and eating the pulled pork.[p]Spin