Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mike you had post earlier this week, I have a 6lb trimmed costco brisket, how did it turn out, in laws are from the south, qustions how to prepare, what temp, and how long?? any special techique little fat cap, lay bacon over it????? thanks j,c,

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    73brisket3.jpg
    <p />PING carwashmike,
    Here you go jc.
    I took the brisket already trimmed, added rub and then covered with white sugar over night.[p][p]430brisk3.jpg[p]Took a paper towel to remove what little sugar was left. Added just a little more rub. I then took bacon out and got to room temp, just better to work with. Got egg to 225, good clean burning fire. Added cherry chunks, indirect with drip pan with 8 oz. of apple juice.
    Fat cap down and completely covered brisket with bacon.
    Sorry no pic of that.[p]Put on 9am and took off around 8pm. Wrapped in foil for about 1 hour before slicing. Not on the egg. Room temp. I pulled at 195 range.
    Separated point and flat. Put point back on in foil. Very tender burnt ends.[p]73brisket4.jpg[p]I really babied this, as I was having trouble with briskets. Just finished the leftovers tonight, pa was very impressed.
    It was easily my best brisket ever. I'm cooking another this Friday. Just to make sure :)
    Local store doesn't mind slicing for me, but you can get by with a knive it is so tender.[p]HTH[p]Mike

• bbqwizard
    bbqwizard Posts: 119
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Very, very interesting. Sounds like something to try.[p]phillip

• PING carwashmike, just so you know. If you follow the recipe in Dr. BBQ's cookbook, the brisket comes out incredible also!!

• Car Wash Mike, that is a wonderful looking brisket. In fact it looks so good, it just cost you 2 shots on the links. Please cook and post more.........:<)

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 148
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    What was the sugar for?

• bbqwizard, Phillip. thats very interesting,becuase thats whats going on your just sold egg, lol. jc
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Chris,
    I was told it starts to break down the cologen.[p]Mike

• bbqwizard
    bbqwizard Posts: 119
    Options
    J.C. in NV.,
    lol, COOL! have fun![p]phillip

• Car Wash Mike,[p]Great looking results. Been egging for awhile now, but just tried my first brisket 2 weeks ago using brown sugar (turbinado) instead of white. The sugar does make a huge difference, I agree.[p]Please do tell if you have a recipe for a good tomato-based, Texas style red sauce for beef brisket. If I can find an interesting sauce concoction, then it is a brisket weekend fro me too.[p]Thanks in advance.[p]Just-Dave