Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Grilled Pineapple, Thanks! Pics

Options
Tony
Tony Posts: 224
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to "Richard", "ronbeaux" and "BobS" my grilled pineapple was wonderful.[p]I sliced the pineapple into 8 round slices. My daughters ate four of the slices before I could cook them. The other four I soaked in coconut cream, then in a pan I melted a half stick of butter added a jigger of bourbon then I poured that in with the coconut mixture. I removed the slices and sprinkled with cinnamin and sugar. I grilled them on the egg at 400* direct for about 12-15 minutes. I reheated the mixture and spooned it on top right before I took the pineapple off the bge. I searved with a scoop of Bryers vanilla icecream in the middle.
They were great![p]Of the four of us that I cooked for, only one daughter (20 yrs) gave it a thumbs down. She said that it taste just like everything else I cook. She cliams that everything cooked on the egg taste the same. Oh well I can't please everybody.[p]The rest of the family thought they were just as good as they looks.[p]BGEphotos059.jpg

[p]BGEphotos058.jpg

[p]BGEphotos061.jpg[p]

Comments

• Tiger Tony,
    yumm

• SirKeats
    SirKeats Posts: 159
    Options
    Tiger Tony,[p]Looks awesome... another way to prep that's very tasty too - [p]get a thick slice of pound-cake and brush on some melted butter to each side... grill till golden brown... pull from grill. put pineapple ring on and grill as desired... pull from grill. liberally coat one side of grilled ring with granulated sugar. bust out torch and fire the sugar till it's golden brown. place grilled cake on plate and lay pineapple on top. drizzle with tequila. pour some coconut milk aroud the cake on the plate and top with a dolup of whipped cream. tasty tasty!!!