Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mother Ship is on their game!

Options

Few weeks ago I inquired about some changes made to the Minimax BGE. They changed the plate setter and fire ring from the original design.

So I contacted the mother ship and inquired about these changes. They requested a pic of my setup, per policy, and once it was determined I had the older plate setter and fire ring, the gentleman told me a new set was on the way. They also sent me a new set of carry handles since those were updated as well.

Well, last week I get a box from BGE. It contained a new fire ring and a fire box. I emailed BGE again and asked if the fire box was upgraded and he said no. I told him I was sent a fire box but no plate setter. He told me he saw on the work order a fire ring and fire box being sent to me and was not sure why they sent a fire box and no plate setter. Got another email a day later saying a new updated plate setter is enroute to me and for me to keep the fire box as a gift for when my current one goes to egg heaven.

XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Are you the original owner?
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options

Yes I am. Registered and all per their policy.

• clifkincaid
    Options
    Thanks for the write up..Guess I'll give them a shout about mine. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Some questions you may be able to help with. Did you initially contact them via email regarding the MM ceramics or by phone?  I saw they later f/u with emails.  Did they need date of original purchase or emailed copy of the receipt?  I have the upgraded handles and hardware but, not the fire ring and fire box.  Did they give the option of new or old design on the ceramics (both of mine are cracked)?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Deleted
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    Some questions you may be able to help with. Did you initially contact them via email regarding the MM ceramics or by phone?  I saw they later f/u with emails.  Did they need date of original purchase or emailed copy of the receipt?  I have the upgraded handles and hardware but, not the fire ring and fire box.  Did they give the option of new or old design on the ceramics (both of mine are cracked)
    Contacted by phone. Didn't ask for receipt because my egg was registered already with them. They already had all my info. I told them I have come across several post on the forum where the internal ceramics were upgraded from the original design and they went ahead and sent me out the updated ceramics
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    10.4 Thx.
    Called Bruce.  Will process a normal warranty claim thru my dealer and MS on the revised PS.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    Good deal.  They shipped everything directly to me he didn't tell me to go through my dealer which was surprising. 

Hell the firebox and fire ring that they sent me came in a box 24" x 24"   I was completely shocked on how big of a box they sent those two small items in but they were well packed looks like they spray the inside of the box with foam after they put the products in there so nothing rattles around and gets broken  
  • Stormbringer
    Options
    If I understand you correctly, you bought a MM BGE with the old innards and BGE replaced them with the new innards for free? Was this a warranty claim because the old innards had broken, or just because you wanted the new setup? I'm asking because I have the original setup with my MM (and handles).
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• EggHeadinFlorida
    EggHeadinFlorida Posts: 892
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yes they replaced the innards for free. Mine was NOT broken, I just wanted the new stuff.
    call them or email and let them know what you have. 
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    You guys are lucky in USA. Here in Canada that would never happen. 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Well no sh!t its canada for God's sake. You guys dont even know the correct part of a pig you use to make bacon.  =)

Little Rock, AR

• EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    why you say that?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    Options
    One of many reasons ;)  Mostly lucky we just picked a fun new president and you folks are stuck with Trudeau.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Well no sh!t its canada for God's sake. You guys dont even know the correct part of a pig you use to make bacon.  =)
    LOL
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com