Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks for the help on the Boston Butt cook...couple more questions...

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What marinade, if anything, do you guys inject in your BB? What wood do you use? I was thinking I'd use the same wood that I used for ribs, apple & hickory. Thanks!

Comments

• Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    i use hickory, but your combination sounds good as well
    i don't inject my butt - just rub with preparedyellow mustard & sprinkle on the rub (let sit overnight covered in the fridge) and then you're ready

doing my pulled pork this weekend
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    JBuffett,
    if it were my first, i wouldn't inject it. you'll get a good baseline for the future.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Ronbo
    Ronbo Posts: 90
    Options
    JBuffett,
    I personally don't inject anything. It is just not needed as long as you let it get up to 195-200 degrees if going for pulled pork. I simply put on my favorite rub (DP or a recipe from here) put in some Hickory and leave it alone until it's cooked

• EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    When I inject....I use a solution that 3-parts pure (100%) apple juice....1 cup or so of light brown sugar....a big pinch of salt....and a healthy splash of worcestershire sauce...and 1-part water......[p]When it comes to smoking pork....I prefer oak....sometimes use hickory...but primarily oak.....and that's more traditional here in South Florida....[p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• stike,
    Thanks, that's probably a good idea.