Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE vendors

Options
Any of our BGE vendor friends having any Black Friday sales?
XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.

Comments

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Are you kidding?
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • VB_egger
    VB_egger Posts: 364
    Options
    Hahaha nope. 
    VA Beach
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    Why would I be kidding? It's a legitimate question..
    is this frowned upon?
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    I doubt but there are still some October specials out there. 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    I think SRF has a deal going on right now-  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    I just heard smokeware is supposed to. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I think SRF has a deal going on right now-  FWIW-
    Who is SRF?
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Has anyone heard of a dealer charging you a fee for freight on a replacement (warranty) item?  I have one asking for $15 each for a firebox and fire ring.  The good thing is they carry them in stock, so there is no waiting.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    My dealer has a 15-20% off sale on everything BGE, including eggs.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • lousubcap
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @EggHeadinFlorida -  SRF is short for Snake River Farms.  They are a source of high end protein.  Web site here:  http://www.snakeriverfarms.com 
    Randomly they support local (non-BGE sponsored) eggfests/gatherings and will always reach out to do the right thing for their customers.  I am extremely pleased with their products (brisket at the top of the mountain) and customer support/service.  I have no affiliation with the company other than it's always a great day when their shipment arrives like today.   FWIW-
    Edit: They even reached out to offer a random draw for a winner of a SRF brisket after National Brisket Day entries posted here this past Spring.  And that was totally a surprise-no one reached out.  @SRFShane made it happen.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Wassai's in Melbourne should have something going on.  They are a huge dealer.  Mannix Pools is also another great dealer in the state.  Not too sure about western state, but someone can speak up from the Pensacola Egg Fest that happened recently.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    My dealer has a 15-20% off sale on everything BGE, including eggs.
    Bering's in Houston has a 15% off eggs until Xmas eve. Accessories are 20% i think. Coupon is on their website. Everything in their stores tends to be overpriced. Except the eggs for some reason - those are the same price as other dealers, or lower. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Has anyone heard of a dealer charging you a fee for freight on a replacement (warranty) item?  I have one asking for $15 each for a firebox and fire ring.  The good thing is they carry them in stock, so there is no waiting.
    That's kinda BS. I've heard of dealers doing this when a part has to be shipped, but I don't think they are supposed to . The base on my LBGE cracked a while bac. Called the dealer in the morning, emailed pics of the crack and my receipt, and picked up a replacement at no cost later that day.  

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    caliking said:
    thetrim said:
    That's kinda BS. I've heard of dealers doing this when a part has to be shipped, but I don't think they are supposed to . The base on my LBGE cracked a while bac. Called the dealer in the morning, emailed pics of the crack and my receipt, and picked up a replacement at no cost later that day.  
    BGE does charge freight on warranty items. The only way around that is to work it into a larger shipment of products. Depending on the size of your business, these shipments could be fairly regular or fairly rare. They could give you one out of an egg they have and replace it when they order. For the record, I know Primo charges as well. 
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Beware the 15% off may just be another twist on "packages".

An Atlanta dealer spouts "up to $300 off Egg packages" which turns out to be for an XL and table "package".
    New Albany, Ohio 

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    JustineCaseyFeldown Posts: 867
    edited November 2016
    Options
    caliking said:
    thetrim said:
    BGE does charge freight on warranty items. The only way around that is to work it into a larger shipment of products. Depending on the size of your business, these shipments could be fairly regular or fairly rare. They could give you one out of an egg they have and replace it when they order. For the record, I know Primo charges as well. 
    This. Some dealers do high volume and get deliveries fairly regularly. I have one like that in my extended area. They told me to come in, and i picked up a warranty fire grate for no cash. Their thinking was that the thing would "just get tossed onto next week's pallet from the distributor". The shipping cost absorbed into the larger shipment.

Previously though, at the shop a mile from me (which now sells Primo. Ahem), the guy said it would take something like two months if i wanted to wait for his typical shipment, and if i wanted it sooner, i'd have to pay the shipping. He got infrequent deliveries. He also knew jack diddley about the BGE. Was a pool-and-spa guy. 
  • HofstraJet
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Beware the 15% off may just be another twist on "packages".

An Atlanta dealer spouts "up to $300 off Egg packages" which turns out to be for an XL and table "package".
    Good point - I have a dealer like that around here (pool shop FWIW), but my regular place (grill/smoker shop) has a straight 15-20% off any BGE item, eggs included. It's great.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    I know one that will, still working on it.....

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • SRFShane
    SRFShane Posts: 155
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @EggHeadinFlorida -  SRF is short for Snake River Farms.  They are a source of high end protein.  Web site here:  http://www.snakeriverfarms.com 
    Randomly they support local (non-BGE sponsored) eggfests/gatherings and will always reach out to do the right thing for their customers.  I am extremely pleased with their products (brisket at the top of the mountain) and customer support/service.  I have no affiliation with the company other than it's always a great day when their shipment arrives like today.   FWIW-
    Edit: They even reached out to offer a random draw for a winner of a SRF brisket after National Brisket Day entries posted here this past Spring.  And that was totally a surprise-no one reached out.  @SRFShane made it happen.  
    Hey @lousubcap, thanks for the shout out!  I gotta make one of the events live though, I have a feeling that's where the real fun is!  

Hopefully you guys are on our email list, because we actually dropped our Black Friday deals today - and it's buy one, get one on briskets and cap of ribeye!  If anyone didn't get it and wants the details, feel free to drop me a note.  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @SRFShane , E-mail just landed and thanks for the heads-up.  Away we go!
  • HofstraJet
    Options
    LOL - I started a thread about the sale a few minutes ago and then saw this.  Great deals!

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1200802/psa-bogo-srf-brisket-and-other-items