Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Should I Use The Large Or Mini For Pizza?

Options

It looks like child's play compared to Stikes but it's my feeble attempt at a pumpkin. My neighbor walked up to it and asked what we were cooking. I don't think she realized it was a pumpkin. We said, "Oh it's just a pumpkin". I don't think it registered. She moved onto talking about something else. 
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Go large.....go large.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice mini brother!  I have a pumpkin pizza dough recipe if you want it. ;). Nice work!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Slabotnick
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,187
    Options
    Both, duh!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    Thats awesome!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Strong work V, love it!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,044
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    Nice work! 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Great job on the Mini!  Am I the only one wondering how long it would last if you fired it up?
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Well done @WeberWho -  I like how you roll.
    Phoenix 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Pic finally loaded for me .... that is awesome!!! 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Very cool. Very fun!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • ThrillSeeker
    Options
    Nice.  Very creative.

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Big Green Pumpkin, the next knock-off. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,504
    Options
    Most excellent.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Forgot to say earlier...really cool job on the pumpkin. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • NewbeeMinimax
    Options

That is very creative. Awesome!!
    Bucks County, PA
    Minimax, XL, Flameboss 200, Roccbox

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,636
    Options
    Reeled me in, I thought that was a serious question.

great pumpkin, cool idea.
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Great idea! I'll have to keep that in mind for next year!
    LBGE
    AL
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,974
    edited November 2016
    Options
    That is not a feeble attempt. It's very cool, I love it. I predict this pic will become a Halloween classic.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That is awesome. Did you light it? You have to light it. I want to see some burgers cooking. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• WeberWho
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words. I had fun with it. If I had more time I could have done a little more with it. The paint was still sticky from the night before.

@SmokeyPitt I'm tempted. Do you think I need to worry about the paint on the outside if cooking on it? Maybe I'll try to keep the temp down somehow. I still have the piece where I cut the bottom vent out. I can trim it down a little. If not, I can always try to cook on it and see how it works. I wouldn't necessarily need to eat it

Minnesota
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Clean burn on the Mini :lol:
    That's awesome!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Justacookin
    Options
    Very cool
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2016
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Thanks for all the kind words. I had fun with it. If I had more time I could have done a little more with it. The paint was still sticky from the night before.

@SmokeyPitt I'm tempted. Do you think I need to worry about the paint on the outside if cooking on it? Maybe I'll try to keep the temp down somehow. I still have the piece where I cut the bottom vent out. I can trim it down a little. If not, I can always try to cook on it and see how it works. I wouldn't necessarily need to eat it
    I would bet the paint would be fine.  you have a lot of moisture to cook off before the paint sees a lot of heat.

***this is internet advice, I'm probably a 14 yearold shut in from Quebec, consult your doctor before following***
  • WeberWho
    Options
    WeberWho said:

I would bet the paint would be fine.  you have a lot of moisture to cook off before the paint sees a lot of heat.

***this is internet advice, I'm probably a 14 yearold shut in from Quebec, consult your doctor before following***
    We had to use a giftcard up before it expired last night for dinner. I'll give it a go tonight and see how it works 

Minnesota