Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best wife in the world.

Options
Birthday present. Meal pics later 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Safe for work??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • mikeinccfl
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Safe for work??
    NP, I'm home. Bring it on. :wink:
    L BGE, XL appetite
    Cape Coral, FL
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

So what's the present, or has she agreed to whatever we recommend as a group?  If so, this could work out very well for you.

Phoenix 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    I was late with the pic. She loves the egg 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Okay- at the risk of totally going where I shouldn't, let me offer a brief review of the BGE 3 Tier- I was gifted one as well, (fortunately not from SWMBO) early in the game.  The center positioning set-up makes it a pain to work with.  I know you likely can't return (or maybe you can) it but if you can toss the $$ toward something from the ceramic grill store (linked here: https://ceramicgrillstore.com ).  If you have questions about what to get, give them a call.  You will get steered right and get hardware that is well-built and extremely functional.  Just an opinion and it's not even Friday...FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    'Happy Wife = Happy Life'
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Okay- at the risk of totally going where I shouldn't, let me offer a brief review of the BGE 3 Tier- I was gifted one as well, (fortunately not from SWMBO) early in the game.  The center positioning set-up makes it a pain to work with.  I know you likely can't return (or maybe you can) it but if you can toss the $$ toward something from the ceramic grill store (linked here: https://ceramicgrillstore.com ).  If you have questions about what to get, give them a call.  You will get steered right and get hardware that is well-built and extremely functional.  Just an opinion and it's not even Friday...FWIW-
    While I respect your opinion and advice to original poster, a gift from the best wife in the world should not be exchanged, but used and loved because she gave it. Even if she had given mangrates, use it and love it. Just my opinion.
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    edited September 2016
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    I was late with the pic. She loves the egg 
    Sounds like a winner. My wife loves the results from the egg and the Vision.
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    I understand the thoughts on the middle rack but this puts the top higher in the dome than the two level. 
  • mikeinccfl
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Sweet! One of them's on my list. Enjoy!
    L BGE, XL appetite
    Cape Coral, FL
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    While I respect your opinion and advice to original poster, a gift from the best wife in the world should not be exchanged, but used and loved because she gave it. Even if she had given mangrates, use it and love it. Just my opinion.
    What the hell are "mangrates"? Sorry to go OT but there's a product called "mangrates"? 
  • mikeinccfl
    Options
    yljkt said:
    lousubcap said:
    What the hell are "mangrates"? Sorry to go OT but there's a product called "mangrates"? 
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mangate
    L BGE, XL appetite
    Cape Coral, FL
  • yljkt
    Options
    I suspect mangates and mangrates are 2 different things.  
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    yljkt said:
    lousubcap said:
    Kinda like grillgrates, but manlier.

https://mangrate.com/
  • mikeinccfl
    Options
    yljkt said:
    True! A correction: https://mangrate.com/
    L BGE, XL appetite
    Cape Coral, FL
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    yljkt said:
    True! A correction: https://mangrate.com/
    This link is more entertaining.
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1140329/mangrates/p1
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • blasting
    edited September 2016
    Options
    epcotisbest said:  a gift from the best wife in the world should not be exchanged, but used and loved because she gave it. 

What if your wife gives you cowboy lump and lighter fluid?  You can always get remarried, but that egg will be ruined forever.

Totally kidding, well, sort of kidding.

To the OP - good for you, glad you got something you wanted and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Phoenix 
  • yljkt
    Options
    OMG....on a gasser no less....
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    edited September 2016
    Options
    blasting said:
    epcotisbest said:  a gift from the best wife in the world should not be exchanged, but used and loved because she gave it. 

What if your wife gives you cowboy lump and lighter fluid?  You can always get remarried, but that egg will be ruined forever.

Funny...but here is what I would do - open the Cowboy, pour it out in the woods somewhere, fill the bag with something else (I usually use RO) then dump the lighter fluid, rinse the can, fill it with water, then squirt some water on the RO then light as usual while saying "Thank you sweetie for the thoughtful gift." Yes, I love her enough to lie to her. 
    "Does this make my butt look big?"
    No sweetie, it makes the rest of you look smaller.
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Safe for work??
    I was wondering the same thing.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• yljkt
    Options
    blasting said:

Funny...but here is what I would do - open the Cowboy, pour it out in the woods somewhere, fill the bag with something else (I usually use RO) then dump the lighter fluid, rinse the can, fill it with water, then squirt some water on the RO then light as usual while saying "Thank you sweetie for the thoughtful gift." Yes, I love her enough to lie to her. 
    My wife once asked me if a pair of pants made her ass look fat. I said no, its the fact that your fat that makes you look fat. Were still married.....but was a long 2 months on the love seat. :|  
  • blasting
    Options
    blasting said:

Dang, @epcotisbest ,  If I knew you a dozen years ago I'd probably still be married!

Phoenix 
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    blasting said:
    blasting said:

Dang, @epcotisbest ,  If I knew you a dozen years ago I'd probably still be married!

She just called. She is on a business trip in Savannah. I asked her about dinner and she told me she had some of the best, freshest, tastiest shrimp ever. She asked me what I had and I told her some fresh, tasty seafood too...a can of sardines.
    Actually I had some grilled pork roast and potatoes, posted on here, but it was fun telling her I had sardines when she just told me about her delicious dinner. I think that is part of why she has put up with me for 34 years now, we can joke and have fun. 
  • tikigriller
    Options
    yljkt said:
    blasting said:

My wife once asked me if a pair of pants made her ass look fat. I said no, its the fact that your fat that makes you look fat. Were still married.....but was a long 2 months on the love seat. :|  

LOL....My wife asked me one night if she had a big but when she was pregnant, and I told her, her butt looked GREAT for a pregnant lady!

I'm still trying to figure out how that landed me on the couch, but I guess that is what makes me a man and her a woman!

Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Fat Bottom Girls is our song and she's not anymore. Apparently I had this issue handled from the beginning. 

@lousubcap, I agree the center support is weird and clunky, and if I would have discovered CGS before I bought it i wouldn't have. That being said I make good use of mine, great for veggie cooks and I can also fit four chickens on there if I break them down which I usually do. I'd suggest he work around the quirkiness instead of trying to return it. It can still be useful. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    BilZol said:
    Fat Bottom Girls is our song and she's not anymore. Apparently I had this issue handled from the beginning

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Happy Birthday :hang_loose:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    Acn said:
    BilZol said:
    Fat Bottom Girls is our song and she's not anymore. Apparently I had this issue handled from the beginning

I just totally stole that. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Happy Birthday - this is my go to tool for wings, easy to rotate and great results.  Looking forward to pics.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)