Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Cooks @ Midwest Eggfest

Options
My wife started off making a couple trays of what she calls bacon bundles. It's bacon wrapped with a french toast base, a cracked egg in the middle, and topped with cheese:

Our next cook was chocolate covered pig candy. We dipped pig candy in melted chocolate, glazed with caramel, and topped with pecans:

The third cook was peanut butter and jelly in french toast batter and covered in frosted flakes:

Last but not least, Elvis s'more cones. I lined the cones with peanut butter, added chocolate chips, marshmallows, and bananas. I forgot to get a picture until part way into my cone:

Fun times with good eggheads!

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    Is that bacon in the cone...man that all looks fantastic. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Great cooks! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • RiverRatSkier
    Options

One of these years, this event and Autumn Brew Review will not be at the same time.  Until then, keep posting pictures. 

It might also help if both of my kids' birthdays were not also within a week of these two other highly important festivities.

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Real nice, solid cook right there. I like the looks of that pig candy most but it all looks awesome!
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    WOW.  Just WOW!

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    and so where was this "MidWest" Eggfest held?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    That meal plan looks great.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    wow!  way to cook multiple awesome dishes!  what do you hold those cones up with when they cook?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    RRP said:
    and so where was this "MidWest" Eggfest held?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=midwest+eggfest
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Those all look awesome!! Nice job!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Really intrigued by the bacon bundles! What's the scoop?
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    LOL - Little Canada, MN is called the MidWest? Guess I've lived "out East and down South" all these years!  =)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Budaman5000
    Options
    Wanted to go to that event but had to work arrrr.... Looks great I will have to try to make it to the event next year....
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Damn, that is some great lookin' grub. I'll bet people were just camped out in front of your egg to see what you were going to pull out of there next. If the organizers are smart, they will put these pictures on the brochure for next year's event. Great work.
    Stillwater, MN
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @WeberWho  You and your bride are killing it!  I want to try all of it - very inventive.  
    Phoenix 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    yljkt said:
    Is that bacon in the cone...man that all looks fantastic. 
    Thanks! @yljkt Haha, no bacon in the cone. Im not ruling it out in the future though. ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • EggMcMic
    Options
    Looks awesome. Like @RRP I wish it was a little more 'Midwest' than it is so we could attend!
    EggMcMcc
    Central Illinois
    First L BGE July 2016, RecTec, Traeger, Weber, Campchef
    Second BGE, a MMX, February 2017
    Third BGE, another large, May, 2017
    Added another griddle (BassPro) December 2017
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Great cooks! 
    Thanks! @Hans61

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options

One of these years, this event and Autumn Brew Review will not be at the same time.  Until then, keep posting pictures. 

It might also help if both of my kids' birthdays were not also within a week of these two other highly important festivities.

You would think they would have it earlier in the year being that their selling grills and nicer weather. Most people here don't realize you can grill in the winter! =)@RiverRatSkier

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Real nice, solid cook right there. I like the looks of that pig candy most but it all looks awesome!
    Thanks! @chuckytheegghead It seems strange with bacon and chocolate but the sweet compliments the salt nicely 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    WOW.  Just WOW!

Thanks! @kl8ton

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    RRP said:
    LOL - Little Canada, MN is called the MidWest? Guess I've lived "out East and down South" all these years!  =)
    Good ole Midwest. I'd say we're more Midwest than say Ohio. ;)

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    RRP said:
    Good ole Midwest. I'd say we're more Midwest than say Ohio. ;)
    Damn good point. Lmao
    Adam gives us Iowans sheeyat, but we'll still welcome ya with open arms.  Love it up there in the pines.

Grub is on point, per usual V.  I know firsthand, you and K bring it.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    Look good!
    BTW, check your inbox. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • WeberWho
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    That meal plan looks great.
    Thanks! @RedSkip I'm all about different when cooking at Eggfests. It seems to get the most interest and usually can get a smile on their faces. I mean who wants to eat something they eat at home 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    blind99 said:
    wow!  way to cook multiple awesome dishes!  what do you hold those cones up with when they cook?
    @blind99 Much appreciated! We stacked a bunch of tinfoil up and had them a slight angle. If it were smaller batches or at home I would have used a pepper stand or some smaller pan to help prop them up straight 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    edited September 2016
    Options
    jabam said:
    Really intrigued by the bacon bundles! What's the scoop?
    @jabam My wife pulled apart toast the size of the muffin tin bottom and dunked them in french toast batter. After placing the french toast in the bottom of the tin she wrapped bacon around the wall of the muffin tin. Once lined with bacon she cracked an egg over the french toast bottom. She put the muffin pan into the BGE and baked until the egg fluffed up. Once fluffed up she topped with cheese. Pull once the cheese has melted

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Wanted to go to that event but had to work arrrr.... Looks great I will have to try to make it to the event next year....
    Thanks! @Budaman5000 They're always looking for cooks. Plus the best voted dish wins an egg!

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Damn, that is some great lookin' grub. I'll bet people were just camped out in front of your egg to see what you were going to pull out of there next. If the organizers are smart, they will put these pictures on the brochure for next year's event. Great work.
    Thanks for the compliment! @StillH2OEgger Tasters pay $20 to get in so I want to make sure that they try some stuff what they wouldn't typically make at home. Otherwise it's just a sample of food what they've had before. That's no fun. So it's fun to see people eat something outside their norm 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    blasting said:
    @WeberWho  You and your bride are killing it!  I want to try all of it - very inventive.  
    Hey thanks! @blasting Most that attend are there to eat. So I'm not real intimidated on making everyone happy with some perfect looking dish. It's all about having fun and doing something outside the box. People seem to enjoy off the wall stuff. 

Minnesota