Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL Egg justified

Options
First time pizza on XL egg. Three pizzas and two strombolis. 
Bill   Denver, CO
XL, 2L's, and MM

Comments

• JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    never thought about using my AR for doing pizzas.  How does the air flow work? Do they cook even? This would really speed up my production on Pizza night
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Yeah, the XL is perfect for any size cook all the way down to a single hotdog. 
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    I kind of shuffled around. Started on top and moved them down as they firmed up so I could fit them in. Could actually get three on the bottom or one and the strombolis on top. Airflow seemed fine and cook seemed even although I know theoretically the top should be hotter. 
    I was cooking at 400-450. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • BilZol
    Options
    Oh, and yes, it does speed up production. I got to eat with the family tonight. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I'm glad I chose XL. I know there are benefits to smaller eggs too, but I love the space!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I have said many times, and I will say it again, if I could only have one cooker, it would be an XL BGE. Then again, I hope I never have to make that decision.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Jameson19
    Options
    If I only knew about this years ago.... 
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • flyerdoc
    Options
    I feel like a mere novice with my medium BGE of 17 years! That looks like a great cook, no doubt. But my medium will have to do for my wife and I, guess its more of a 3 bears situation. Really comes down to how many you are cooking for, that's why they make different sizes, right?!
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Love the surrounds. Would love to see the whole table. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• BilZol
    Options
    flyerdoc said:
    I feel like a mere novice with my medium BGE of 17 years! That looks like a great cook, no doubt. But my medium will have to do for my wife and I, guess its more of a 3 bears situation. Really comes down to how many you are cooking for, that's why they make different sizes, right?!

I cook for a minimum of six and we often have more over. If I would have had the XL first I probably wouldn't have ended up with four eggs in all. It was totally a size/number situation for us. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • BilZol
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Love the surrounds. Would love to see the whole table. 

It's still a work in progress. There will be two matching tables for my L's. I'm getting there though. Just need to finish the surrounds and drawer on this one. Have frame for one L done and the other is just bones still. They will have prep surfaces. Ran out of shielding gas yesterday though. 

Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM