Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blues and BBQ - Greenwood SC

Options
Wise One
Wise One Posts: 2,645
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The 6th Annual Blue sand BBQ festival in Greenwood SC was a great success this weekend. 'Green Eggs and Ham' was the most visible Big Green Egg competitor (Dan finished 10th in chicken and 8th in brisket) with a small team (he and his wife). There were a couple of other competitors who used a BGE for one or more of their entries (Oval Rulers and Merry Oaks BBQ are two) but the best part was the 'Blues Cruise' on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights with over 10 blues groups (http://www.uptowngreenwood.com/Events_FestivalofDiscovery_Blues.aspx). There is a group called the 'King Bees' who have a lead guitarist who can really place. Wanda Johnson is a great singer and paired with Shrimp City Slim provided sonme great entertainment.
[ul][li]BBQ Results - Blues and BBQ [/ul]

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Bill,[p]How could you miss Jim & John Wimer (Old Tavern BBQ) with 4 XL's?!!!! I think they took 5th in chicken and 8th overall.[p]We sure missed seeing everyone up there this year, but I bet we were much cooler!! :)[p]Jim
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    JSlot, I'm not sure. I must be getting old. I looked for Jim and did not find him. I thought he was going to be there but really didn't see him at all and was disappointed that I did not. Now I am even more disappointed since you tell me he was there and I missed him. The only thing more disappointing would be if you told me that you were there and I missed you too! :-)

• JSlot
    Options
    Not older, Bill, just better!!! See ya' soon![p]Jim
  • JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    JSlot,
    Ken was there too. We had a ball. It's a good contest albeit it was hotter than a firecracker.
    Jim

• JSlot
    Options
    I hated missing the contest, but I didn't mind missing the heat. You guys are having some pretty consistent finishes. Keep up the good work. It'll pay off soon! Take care........[p]Jim