Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brand new to the BGE family...

edited 2:16AM in EggHead Forum
Just purchased a new BGE! Can't wait to get going. Any tips from you experts would be appreciated before I get started.

Comments

• mulemule Posts: 152
    JBuffett,
    You have already found the BEST tip - the guys on this forum!!!
    Someone can answer ANY question!!! Have fun!!![p]mule

• badbrucebadbruce Posts: 353
    Hi JBuffett,
    Welcome.
    mule is right and you can't beat the experience of a lot of the forum members.
    If your looking for tried & true recipes a good place to get started are the recipe & new recipe links near the top of the forum page
    Cheers & have fun.
    bruce[p]

• EddieMacEddieMac Posts: 423
    JBuffett,[p]1. Go to: www.nakedwhiz.com
    2. Go to: www.nakedwhiz.com
    3. Go to: www.nakedwhiz.com[p]And read ALL the information that has been compiled there.
    I'm still a relative newbie and that is THE place to for BGE information. Read it ALL.[p]Welcome to the CULT![p]Ed McLean....eddiemac
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• JBuffett,
    In addition to eddiemac's responce read the forum, go to Dizzy Pigs website, WessB's site (www.WessB.com) and just ask questions. Everyone here is more then willing to help. Believe me I know because this band of BGE brothers and sisters sure helped me when I started. Good luck and welcome to the cult.

[ul][li]Dizzy Pig[/ul]
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • badbrucebadbruce Posts: 353
    JBuffett,
    Let's not forget thirdeye.
    Link fight, link fight. lol
    Cheers,
    bruce

[ul][li]http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/[/ul]
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    JBuffett,
    Come here often. Welcome aboard....you'll like it![p]Mike

• BordersBorders Posts: 665
    DSCN1409%20(2).JPG?dc=4675556484305232657
    <p />JBuffett, here's a cheeseburger in paradise for the new egger named Buffett! Read and refer to nakedwhiz.com for many many answers. Cook alot.
    Have fun, Scott

• FL BobFL Bob Posts: 39
    Borders,
    It looks great! When is dinner?

• EggecutionerEggecutioner Posts: 628
    JBuffett,[p]Here is my advice. For your first cook, cook something you are used to cooking. That way you have a benchmark to compare you results from the egg.[p]E