Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Evernote App

Options
Woody
Woody Posts: 125
Evernote App has been a great place to keep notes, to do lists, etc. for a great many years.  I have been able to access it on any device I own.  I was just notified that they are going to limit me to (2) devices in the future unless I upgrade to the paid service.  
Does anyone use a similar app that you like and would recommend.
Woody in Northville, MI
Large BGE with AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware Cap, Wok, Grill Grates and Kettle Q

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options
    I use Microsoft OneNote and have been pleased.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I like Google Keep, personally.  Kinda the same.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    ive used evernote and dropbox and dropbox gets the nod 99.99% of the time
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I agree with Matt.  I recently switched to an Android phone and use Google Keep a lot.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I use Evernote and don't see a need to change, though I only use it on my phone. If you go with Dropbox, make sure you read their terms of service. That's what kept me from using them a couple of years ago and I don't know if its changed.
  • jbjet45
    jbjet45 Posts: 52
    Options
    I use keep on my phone also, it also allows me to share a note or list with someone else. My wife and I will share shopping info, etc through it.
  • Woody
    Options
    I like the sharing idea with Google Keep, something I tried once with OneNote and was not very successful.

Does Google Keep use your GMail Login credentials for access?
    Woody in Northville, MI
    Large BGE with AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware Cap, Wok, Grill Grates and Kettle Q
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Woody said:
    I like the sharing idea with Google Keep, something I tried once with OneNote and was not very successful.

Does Google Keep use your GMail Login credentials for access?
    Yes.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    i use google keep.  Works well for me.  Guys at work use it that have computers, but no company email.  The manager puts tasks on with checkboxes and employees can check them off when done.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    Options
    I use keep as well
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • Woody
    Options
    After all that, found out you can still use the Chrome App on any computer and access your notes.  
    Kept the phone and tablet Evernote app native and using Chrome everywhere else.
    Much easier than trying to convert notes and deal with an alternative program that I am not familiar with.

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions.
    Woody in Northville, MI
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Took me a while to figure out what "the Chrome app" was -- finally realized you just mean the web app, not one specific to Chrome.  Your plan sounds like a good one!

I just got so mad at Evernote for doing this that I decided to stop using it.  It's not like they'll miss me, because all I ever used was the free app.  But it just irritated me that they'd do that to long-term customers.
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    Love OneNote. Have it on 2 PCs, iPhone and iPad. Free!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    I was too dumb to figure out evernote
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    ^^ this.  I don't want to say what my profession  is, and I use pad and paper. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    I like Google Keep, personally.  Kinda the same.  
    this is what I use and I really like it
    Boom
  • Abter
    Abter Posts: 125
    Options
    I use Evernote.  I am using the free version, but it seems they are constantly pushing us to the fee-based version.  IMHO the recent "limit to 2 devices" is another step in that direction.  My work around is I have the app installed on only 2 machines (personal laptop and phone). On other PCs I use the online access through a browser.  That doesn't count as an installed device.  I can do everything with the online access EXCEPT change the contents of files I have encrypted.  I can read those files ok with the browser (after entering password of course), but I can't change the contents.  That is less than perfect, but will do for now.

Stay Calm and Egg On
    1 lonely medium in Rockville, MD
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    Google Keep and/or Google Drive (I've got spreadsheets of cooking plans and recipes and...and...)

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • Abter
    Abter Posts: 125
    Options
    question for those of you using Google Keep;  can you encrypt individual files (or whatever Keep calls them)?   One of the most important tasks I do on Evernote is using it as a password safe.  Online that gives me double password security; one to get onto my Evernote account, and another one to open the file.   I am hopelessly addicted to Google at this point anyway, so using yet another app from Google isn't going to cause me to loose any more sleep.
    Stay Calm and Egg On
    1 lonely medium in Rockville, MD
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I use One Note every day and love it. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • mikeinccfl
    mikeinccfl Posts: 119
    Options
    I used evernote for years. Switched to OneNote about a year ago and didn't like it; didn't like its tabs. I'm using Keep now. I miss evernote's text formatting but not their nonsense. Keep's tags seem to be evolving and it feels like it will work for me. (Until big G drops it...)
    L BGE, XL appetite
    Cape Coral, FL
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Love Onenote, switched from Evernote and never looked back.  I also use it every day from shopping lists (shared with my family), Recipe index, personal notes, and many different work notebooks.  It has worked flawless for me across multiple devices...
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.