Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Caprese Chicken

Options
SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
This was family approved. Caprese chicken - http://www.thenovicechefblog.com/2013/07/caprese-chicken/#_a5y_p=725005
I sauteed the chicken in a Tbsp of olive oil until nice and brown - I also wanted it mostly done.
Once I turned the chicken I started cooking the cherry tomatoes. Once they were wrinkled I added some chopped basil. 
When the chicken was mostly done I layered some mozarella and the tomatoes. This only needed to cook 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese well. I finished with a bit more basil and a drizzle of good quality balsamic vinegar. 

Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    We do a variation. A family fave. Great cook!
  • SciAggie
    Options
    We do a variation. A family fave. Great cook!
    This was my first time. It was funny - I used some leftover home made mozzarella. It melted completely off the chicken and made a cheesy tomato/basil sauce. Tasted great though. 
    How is yours different?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Split breast and cook till almost done. Too with slice tomato and mozz and basil. Cheese starts to melt and basil wilts. Drizzle with balsamic. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,542
    Options
    I'd hit that big time !!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Looks darn good Aggie!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Ima_good_egg
    Options
    That's beautiful!
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Good looking meal ya have there brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That looks amazing. I really like your caveman side burner. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Nice as usual. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SciAggie
    Options
    That looks amazing. I really like your caveman side burner. 
    I cook that way on occasion just because I enjoy doing it. You also pick up some subtle smoke flavor. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon