Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Enchiladas and Mexican Quinoa

Options
Did 2 chicken breast on the mini at 425 indirect until they hit 175. Higher temp because I wanted them to shred.  Anyways bout the time the chicken was done the sky opened up and started dumping this liquid stuff from the heavens so I finished everything inside in the hot box.  

Just out the hot box 

Plated with Mexican quinoa. The taste was great to me but Mrs3969 said the sauce was to spicy.  I'll tone it down next time. 

The drink of choice today was Bloody Mary's made with good o'l Tennessee Moonshine 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Looking good Matt 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Looks great

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Very solid choices all the way round Matt. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Yessir!  Nice meal bro!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Looks great! Next time, cook your chicken to normal done temp, then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEX5coddlUs

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    My daughter is in Tennessee visiting her boy friends parents. They took her on a Tennessee moonshine tour. She is not a drinker, but said she liked the taste of some of them.
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Thanks guys!!  

Great video Micheal but I had the chicken shredded with the claws quicker than I could have gotten the KA out and set up with less clean up.  I will keep that in mind for larger amounts of meat and more importantly the chicken salad.   Thanks for the vid. 

analyze adapt overcome

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Thanks guys!!  

I will keep that in mind for larger amounts of meat and more importantly the chicken salad.   
    Or when you don't want to have to overcook the chicken. The mixer will "pull" it even when it's not yet pullable. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mattman3969
    Options
    True.  I figure with the added sauce the extra few degrees didn't hurt it any. 

analyze adapt overcome

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    That looks terrific. Enchiladas are always on the short list for our leftover protein and it never disappoints.
    Stillwater, MN
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Is the Mexican quinoa your invention or was their a recipe? That sounds interesting. The enchiladas look great my friend. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Options

analyze adapt overcome

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Mattman3969 Thanks!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options
    Looks great! Next time, cook your chicken to normal done temp, then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEX5coddlUs
    Great tip, thanks, I've never thought to do this... And I make a lot of chicken salad! 

Large BGE -- New Jersey