Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty time? Cracks....

Options
Getting ready for a brisket cook tonight and noticed a nice little crack in what I call the fire box. Is this part warrantied and has anyone else have this happen?
Franklin, Tn
LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

Comments

• Meeeshigan22
    Meeeshigan22 Posts: 306
    Options
    Warrantied for 3 years. Mine is cracked.
    Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Well I better get on it then, bought it two years ago. Thanks!
    Franklin, Tn

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
    Options
    My large is cracked all the way around. I have a warranty replacement still in the box waiting for it to completely break.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• CoMoBGE
    CoMoBGE Posts: 374
    Options
    Firebox has a lifetime warranty. Platesetter is only covered for 3 years. 
  • Meeeshigan22
    Options
    I stand corrected. Thought the internals had a 3 year.
    Highland, MI

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    That's a minimal crack but they will get you a new one for that even. 
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it's not stopping my brisky cook tonight but I'll definitely get a claim in.
    Franklin, Tn

• Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Options
    I have an XL and this has happened to me.  My recommendation... Take these pics to your local dealer, they will warranty without a problem.  I got mine replaced and its sitting in the garage still in the box.  I figure I will use the cracked one as long as I can.  
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Meeeshigan22
    Options
    I have an XL and this has happened to me.  My recommendation... Take these pics to your local dealer, they will warranty without a problem.  I got mine replaced and its sitting in the garage still in the box.  I figure I will use the cracked one as long as I can.  
    That generally depends on the dealer. 
    Highland, MI

• Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Well...  I guess that I benefit from living in a place where people generally think.....if you owe a man a buck....pay him a buck...  I have never had any issues with dealer assistance.  We have two dealers in my area (if not more) and they are always supportive of the warranty claims.  Cheers
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
  • Meeeshigan22
    Options
    Well...  I guess that I benefit from living in a place where people generally think.....if you owe a man a buck....pay him a buck...  I have never had any issues with dealer assistance.  We have two dealers in my area (if not more) and they are always supportive of the warranty claims.  Cheers
    Agree 100%. Unfortunately for me my dealer doesn't see it that way. BGE has said they're there if the egg is unusable, which is encouraging.

Highland, MI

• Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Agree 100%. Unfortunately for me my dealer doesn't see it that way. BGE has said they're there if the egg is unusable, which is encouraging.

What size egg do you have?
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
  • Meeeshigan22
    Options
    Large
    Highland, MI

• Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Hmmm... I have an idea, IM me if you need a warranty claim
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    You should go directly to the HQ, or a different dealer, @Meeeshigan22. My local dealer has had no issues replacing hairline cracked items, and if your dealer is who told you 3 yr warranty on the firebox.. I wouldn't trust them. 
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    I had to bring a copy of the warranty to my dealer for an issue I found in April because they intially told me it wasn't covered.  I whipped out the warranty and told them to read the highlighted section.  They said "oh".  

I still ill don't have the replacement piece though 105 days later because I have to wait for them to "place an order".  

Called bge bge headquarters and they verified that my claim had been made and also verified that stores in rural areas do make limited orders and therefore most warranty claims are shipped with orders.  The guy I spoke to said he would take care of me if my dealer didn't order soon.  Overall though that is a huge flaw in the warranty process.  If I had purchased my egg from a larger dealer then I would already have my piece.  
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!