Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HELP NEEDED fresh tuna deal

Options
So today we left on a little family vacation to Williamsburg VA. We won the trip in a silent auction for the leukemia and lymphoma society. So now to the tuna. On the way down the eastern shore of Maryland we stopped at the Sysco cash and carry store. A lot of stuff there but not really the place we needed to be going away for a week. After walking through most of the store we saw some tuna near the register. It was two whole fillets with skin on. It was priced right up my alley at $15 for both. As I was trying to convince my wife we needed to get this and drive 3 hours to our accommodations an employee came up and changed the price to $5. I asked what's wrong with them and when is the use by date. He told me nothing was wrong with them and they needed them gone as they are closed the next two days. 

So i bought 2 of them for a total of 29# for $10. I've decided to freeze 3 whole pieces and hope to cook one tomorrow. 

SO I NEED SIMPLE RECIPES as there is an old school park charcoal grill here I can use. I was thinking I would just cut into steaks and grill them. Maybe using salt and pepper as we have no other spices here. 

Fire away. 

Comments