Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pokemon Go

Options
2»

Comments

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Saddly this is true .. Darwinism reversed at its finest 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

If the purpose of the pokie thing has something to do with natural selection / thinning the herd, maybe I have to re-evaluate my position...

Maybe with all the metro sexual men playing pokie will push the hot 20 something girls attracted to middle aged overweight white guys.  This could be a something I would support whole heartily!
    Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    There could be some male libido-reducing mind control in that game.  Ya never know.

Eureka!!  People have just discovered the scavenger hunt!!  Bravo Nintendo for making millions on this new idea!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Eureka!!  People have just discovered the scavenger hunt!!  Bravo Nintendo for making BILLIONS on this new idea!
    fixed that for you they have grossed 6 billion in the first week.  I just found this article that claims Nintendo has gained 11 Billion in valuation since it's release. It's crazy.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • StoneSmoker
    StoneSmoker Posts: 12
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I did a lot of geocaching while in school. We'd do real trails. This seems like the same thing except you don't walk as far or walk very far off a sidewalk.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I did a lot of geocaching while in school. We'd do real trails. This seems like the same thing except you don't walk as far or walk very far off a sidewalk.
    Geocaching is a little different (and there is no reason to walk off a cliff playing Pokemon Go).

Also:

NOLA
  • StoneSmoker
    Options
    I don't think it's a bad concept. Was this your tweet buzd504
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    It did not come from me originally.  I found it on the interwebs.
    NOLA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Didn't SNL mock candy crush, as well as Colbert? 
    Options
    Seriously, you need to set up advertising with Nintendo where the best Pokemons are found at Mississippi Gulf Coast's #1 Hyundai dealership. 
    Got this in the email yesterday. I kid you not!!!!

Coming next week … the biggest thing in “Millennial” Media will be available for you
    and your clients. Imagine having the ability to feature your Dealership in the
    hottest game in town.

Yes… I want to be a featured part of the game ~ $2,695.00 month
    Yes… I want my own game ~ $4,695.00 month
    Limited Availability

That is likely a scam. I looked into this for a friend's restaurant. You can not become a permanent part of the game right now. The company that made the game is using geo-locations that were submitted on another software they made. Submissions are closed indefinitely. So if you aren't already in the game (many bars are) then you are SOL trying to become a permanent part of it. 

You can however download the game and purchase Pokémon Lures. It costs like $5 for 30 minutes and attracts rare Pokémon to you and you will temporarily show on their map. So businesses are doing that during business hours to attract customers. Some restaurants report 30% more customers doing this. It is easily worth it then.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    The city animal shelter put this out early this week. Sounds like a good idea.

Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    I was sitting in the Doctors office this morning..waiting to be called back; it was literally amazing that 1/2 the room (about 10 different people ) was playing and or showing this game to each other.

one woman noted she had offered to get her son a dog... He said no he liked his games too much. Her next reply was I tried it and I'm addicted too  :o

It was at that moment a news broadcaster talking about the same skit made the comment how sad this generation has become

im 31 years old and admittedly addicted to this site more than I should be but geez.. no way in the world I would have turned down a dog at his age... Still wouldn't now for some stupid video game. I know some folks aren't animal lovers but I couldn't help but think if this woman would get him a puppy his world would open up in ways he couldn't imagine.. But I could be wrong 

hell I always had a dog growing up, and I remember even at 20 when I bought my own pup to raise and train.. The possibilities were endless we were going to conquer the world lol. 

We need more Clint Eastwoods in the world instead of this crap we have now.. 

I agree video games can consume people's lives.  Every generation thinks the up-and-coming generation is lazy, doesn't have the same values, bla bla bla.  This is normal.  Technology is the new opiate of the masses (has been, will continue to be in one way or another), but there will always be an opiate of the masses.

Not wanting to sound like a crazy person, our pets are like kids - they probably get more attention than most people's kids.  Good thing they aren't into video games.

Couple of generation back, same thing was said about kids and the "moving pictures" (aka movies).  Enter Clint Eastwood.  Actor.  Destroyer of youth, several generations back.

Nice take . . karl marx for dat ass.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm told there is a PokeStop across from my house.

I don't really know what that means but I am putting a 9# butt on the Egg right now and shall monitor the proceedings throughout the day.

No, you may not have my address.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX