Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Motha Flippin Gordon Ramsay

Options
Yes I'm a Chef Ramsay mark. I'll admit it. Let's face facts he's da man!  Curses like a sailor and has phenomenal chef skills. And now this.... :rofl:
https://youtu.be/LXiBei_iUes
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Awesome, I'm with you Blake as Hell's Kitchen is a favorite but can't watch it when the little ones are around. 

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Great entertainment right there.  Thanks for posting.  And I can relate to his choice vocabulary  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Great post Blake.  I'm a fan as well.

I give him marks for going noodling, but I think some of those shots were set up.  Still fun to watch.  

Phoenix 
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    What I don't get about the whole noodling thing is why doesn't the cat fish swim away when something touches them. Why sit in your hole while someone sticks a rope into your mouth and out the gill.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Thanks for the video. Cool to see him get down and dirty. I don't think you'll see the good ole boys wearing gloves and lake shirts going noodling. Those fellers might have been wearing their church clothes for the cameras in that video. Awesome stuff!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • clemsontyger97
    Options
    Good stuff
    --Because I'm like ice, buddy. When I don't like you, you've got problems.

KJ Classic
    28" Blackstone
    South Carolina native, adopted Texan, residing in Olive Branch, MS.  Go Tigers.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Always entertaining.  I love that he serves catfish lettuce wraps to those folks - where the hell was the cornmeal and hot grease!
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Enjoyed the post....funny his British show has little on no cursing....at least the couple I've seen....
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Good stuff Blake, thanks buddy!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Legume said:
    Always entertaining.  I love that he serves catfish lettuce wraps to those folks - where the hell was the cornmeal and hot grease!
    I watched a few other episodes, and I think part of the theme is to prepare the meal in a different manner than how the locals normally prepare the meal. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Gunnar said:
    Enjoyed the post....funny his British show has little on no cursing....at least the couple I've seen....
    The difference between most UK cooking shows and US cooking shows is pretty striking. Is there any US competition cooking show that isn't full of yelling/screaming/cursing/macho posturing/etc?

The UK show "Masterchef: The Professionals" is quite a contrast to the US versions. Fortunately, I can fast forward to all the "drama" on the US versions. 
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    That was entertaining.  Thanks for posting Blake.  
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I watched Ramsey once. But only once. Not for me, thanks. 

However, I did watch this vid. Cat looked and sounded delicious so I found the written recipe. Will definitely try it even if I probably won't start watching Ramsey. If you're interested...

https://foodsthatfill.wordpress.com/2009/09/16/cajun-style-blackened-catfish/

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    I watched Ramsey once. But only once. Not for me, thanks. 

However, I did watch this vid. Cat looked and sounded delicious so I found the written recipe. Will definitely try it even if I probably won't start watching Ramsey. If you're interested...

https://foodsthatfill.wordpress.com/2009/09/16/cajun-style-blackened-catfish/
    Check out his instructional vids on youtube. Fewer potty words

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    I watched the video.  It was awesome, I didn't notice any bad words.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Meeeshigan22
    Meeeshigan22 Posts: 306
    Options
    I think he's great, and I had one of the best steaks I've had at his steakhouse in Vegas. Like most egg owners I generally think the steaks at the top steakhouses are pretty meh. 

His youtube n how to make proper scrambled eggs was pretty enlightening as well.
    Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Now pi$$ off......donkay.

That line alone is enough for me to like him.
    He's an absolute beast in the kitchen.
    Like Myron, Ramsay's earned the right to talk sh!t, whether people like it or not.  But keep in mind, it's all for show $$$.  They both would be celebs I'd actually like to meet, seem approachable, down to earth.

Ramsay's really good with the kiddos on MC Jr, which my son and I love to watch.

Cool vid Blake.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SoCalWJS
    SoCalWJS Posts: 407
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that one. I'm another big Ramsay fan. At least for his cooking shows. His language definitely takes some getting used to.

....but I'm not going to go noodling for catfish.  =)
    South SLO County
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    I enjoyed that plus the noodling, but the thing I have never understood about that is how do they keep from getting "horned" as my Grand Dad called it with those two boney fins behind their heads. I remember as a kid getting punctured bad enough to draw blood more than once. Can anybody explain?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Can't horn you when your hand is in their mouth

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Can't horn you when your hand is in their mouth

I understand that but I've seen noodlers with just one hand in the fish's mouth and trying to grab the rest of it with their other hand. Or do you mean with their mouth open they can't extend those barbs?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Codfish
    Codfish Posts: 42
    Options
    Love watching cooking shows, but not his because of his attitude.
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    i'm sure he'd be crushed to hear that

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    There is a zero percent chance I'd be influenced one way or another just because someone uses some fvcking adult language.  He's a talented cook, has an amazing palate, and obviously a good businessman.
    edited July 2016
    Options

I like to see him call out incompetence.  In today's trophy-for-showing-up society, it's nice to see Ramsey demand performance.

Of course he's a dik about it, but that makes for good entertainment value.

Phoenix 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Legume said:

Yeah I bet that big ol' boy was thinking, "aww he!!, he done wrapped my food in the stuff my food eats!"

Great post, best thing I've seen all day.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    After seeing the snakes and snapping turtles in the water, ain't no way I'd ever go "noodling"; nope not gonna happen.
    Would LOVE to try the meal however!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I watched another few episodes - he was working with prisoners to help them learn a skill. He gave one a try out in his kitchen and delved into the reason he was helping is because his brother was in a similar situation.

Also who gives a sh*t if you don't like him? Dont post on the thread then.  Lmao 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Botch said:
    After seeing the snakes and snapping turtles in the water, ain't no way I'd ever go "noodling"; nope not gonna happen.
    Would LOVE to try the meal however!  

It's not that bad. I have been wade fishing in streams, creeks, ponds, and rivers for years. I went noodling once with friends, it was actually a blast after the first 12 pack of beer was gone. It just takes a little while getting used to being in "their" environment...and sometimes a little liquid courage.

I took a buddy who is from Chicago a couple of weeks ago and a vine went around his legs in the murky water. He went from a 30 year old white yankee male to a 60 year old southern black lady in .2 seconds. "OH LAWD  %&$*#*%$ HELP ME JESUS!!" as he elevated above the water.

But by the end of the trip he actually started watching his line and not anxiously looking for snakes like they were VC on a recon patrol.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I've watched two of my uncles grapple (it wasn't called noodling in my area) in a pond before, but never done it personally.  They used to go out on the Yadkin River and do that as well.  Pretty crazy stuff.  

Closest I came to that was a guy took me frog gigging.  I'd been before, but met him at the first pond, and there was no boat.  I said, "you have a boat?".  He said "nope, we wade in the water to gig them".  I didn't want to gig a frog at all, I was looking for snakes the entire time.  My azz out in the middle of a pond at midnight.  I should have known when he said "wear old shoes".  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site