Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rufus Teague Meat Rub Reviews?

Options
Hey guys, as most of us are I am a rub collector.  I picked a bottle of the Original Rufus Teague Meat Rub this weekend.  Have many of you guys used it - thoughts?  It just says meat rub, good on anything.  What do you guys prefer it on....chicken, pork, steak, fish??

Thanks!

XL Egg Owner Since Dec 2013 - Louisiana

Comments

• Handcyclist
    Options
    Although not an expert on rubs as am only three years into egging I appreciate the Rufus Teague Fixed Up this Rub as it isn't overly spicy.  Not being into hot and spicy it is usable with the entire family.  The Made Some Sauce with Honey is the family favorite.  It's main ingredient is brown sugar so that explains it.  Rufus Teague also makes spicy versions of rubs and sauces so it will be a matter of trying them until you find one you like.  I order the sauce from Amazon.  The big box store Field and Stream does carry the Teague rubs and sauces on their shelves.  
    Knox, PA, Medium, Mini Max, Mini, Large KJ, grandma, handcyclist, eagle watcher, always in search of good chocolate.  
  • corey24
    corey24 Posts: 386
    Options
    Any one have experience with the "Meat Rub"....I got it from an Academy sports store and this is the only Rufus Teague rub.

XL Egg Owner Since Dec 2013 - Louisiana