Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just finished big green egg fest in Cincinnati Ohio

Options
My daughter Amanda and I just finished  Porkopolis EggFest Cincinnati 2016.
We made bread again but we also did tortillas for the first time at a EggFest. I have cooked tortillas many times outdoors using a 24 inch TAVA from India. This is a slightly curved disk of carbon steel with no handles. It just fit into an extra-large big green egg. We used a plate setter and place the TAVA right on the grill. So we had a full 24 inch circle on which to cook tortillas. 
We used a Indian style tortilla press to make the tortillas. At first we had an issue placing the tortillas on foil as be made them. Due to temp, humidity, moisture content of dough, and thinness of pressed tortillas they stuck to foil. Even spraying with Pam did not help. So we went to pressing and placing directly on the TAVA. This did work ok. We did a number on the metal TAVA without any oil. Most of the tortillas were sun dried tomatoes peseta added to the Masa. They cooked very well on the TAVA in the big green egg. We cooked with the lid open. Slap tortillas on and flip with spatula. The last batch of tortillas we added a mix of wild mushroom powder. We had to spray the TAVA to keep these from sticking. However, with treated TAVA they cooked fine. They also were very flexible even when cooled.
Towards the end of the event we had a lot of dried tomatoes bread left. So we rolled it like flat bread and slapped it on the TAVA. We had been using a pizza stone on another egg to cook the breads all day.
The TAVA cooked the flat bread very fast and gave it a very different flavor. Many people really like the fast cooked flat bread. 
So my daughter and I now have our fifth year at this event behind us. It was enjoyable cooking this year.

Comments