Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Red Potatoes directly on grill??

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I see many Archived posts of cooking these in a pan. [p]Do you think If I cut the potatoes in quarters and cook direct on the grill will work just as well? Throw in a little EVOO, parsley and rosemary (or thyme or dill?). Do you think I need to parboil them first. I was thinking the egg would be around 300 and cook them for 30 minutes. What do you think?[p]Howard

Comments

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Howard,

Depending on size...I would say 30 mins is good

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Hi Howard,
    I do 'B' reds on the grill every week. 'A' reds are the larger ones.
    30 minutes @ 300 is fine direct. Turn 'em every ten minutes. I usually elevate my grill. Rub 'em with a little olive oil & your good to go.
    Cheers,
    bruce

• Laker
    Laker Posts: 110
    Options
    I do my 'taters the same way. 300 for 30 minutes is fine. I cook them on a screen with plenty of EVOO
  • Topo Gigio
    Topo Gigio Posts: 98
    Options
    Howard, this is my favaourite thing on the grill.
    If I have small potatoes I just cut them in half. If they're large I cut them in 1" -1.5" slices. EV Olive Oil, salt and pepper, direct on the grill at 300-325 for 1/2 hour is the way I do them. I leave them on for about 15 minutes and turn for the last 15. I like to leave them alone so they develop a nice crust. The egg keeps them moist on the inside. After I take them off I put them back in the same bowl where I dressed them. There is some left over EVOO, add some more to dress them.