Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

KJ roadshows at Cumming GA Costco again

Options
Lit
Lit Posts: 9,053
saw them there yesterday with the red bag lump 40lbs for $30. Just a heads up to any locals.

Comments

• DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    When you say: "again".. how often does KJ show at Costco that close to the BGE Mothership?

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• Lit
    Options
    DieselkW said:
    When you say: "again".. how often does KJ show at Costco that close to the BGE Mothership?
    They didn't have it on the roadshows schedule but they were in Cumming probably 3-4 weeks ago and then in Alpharetta the week after and now they are back here. I am guessing they sell a lot there is always someone there talking to them. They are there a lot but it's also KJ headquarters right down the road so that's probably why they don't have to pay someone to travel and they sell a lot. Last year when I was waiting in line to ask if they had the red bag lump the guy sold 3 while I was standing there.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Picked up some KJ lump there Wednesday and have used it.  It's good stuff.  Still prefer Rockwood but at this price it's a deal.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    So are you jumping on that jr?
  • Lit
    Options
    So are you jumping on that jr?
    Really want to but have figured out how to get the MM working with the KAB. Plus I was on the way home from the fireworks store when I stopped at Costco so I had already dropped some money. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I finally got to see one at the Myrtle Beach Costco. They had 2 Classics left and 6 2-packs of lump. I snagged 2 of them to try it out. The stuff feels really dense and the bags are compact compared to other brands 20 lb bags. No clinking noises either.

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Hope they come back by me. If I see them again I'll be buying a flatbed of their charcoal.