Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chicken breast

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
im having company tonight and was thinking about cooking some skinlesss chicken breast but company dont like anything smoked i was thinking cooking breast indirect. could anyone tell me at what temp. and for how long.

Comments

• CT Grillguy
    CT Grillguy Posts: 149
    Options
    wentz,[p]I cook them direct at about 400. Only takes like 5-7 mins a side. If you like spicy, rub them with some Walkerswood Jerk seasoning, but any seasoning is great on these.[p]Direct or indirect won't affect smokiness. Just let the lump burn for a good 20-30 mins before cooking to reduce smokiness. Also, make sure there are no left over wood chips in your lump.
  • Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    CT Grillguy,
    First, pound the breasts to an equal thickness of about 1/3 inch between pieces of plastic. Cut them into portion sizes, season with rub, add a little olive oil and either lemon or lime, and get the grill about 400 or a little higher. I cook mine direct for just about a minute or 90 seconds on each side, (you can see if they're done) and wrap them in a foil package and let them rest for 10 minutes. You can sauce them after the flip, and flip them again if you use a sauce. The meat should cook quickly, and by pounding them, you won't have any nasty undercooked thick areas and burnt overcooked thinner tips.
    HTH,
    Gretl