Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Juicers.....any recommendations for one based on your experience?

Options
2»

Comments

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    I started with a centrifugal juicer a few years ago.  They work great and are inexpensive (comparatively) for a good "starter" juicer.  I ultimately went to a single screw juicer and like the flavors (less oxidation) of the juice produced but the costs of such is 2 to 3 times that of the centrifugal juicer.  The biggest difference is flexibility (and taste) as I can do silly things like sorbets with the single screw that I cannot with the centrifugal.

Best of luck in your quest!!! 
    @The_Stache    Can you explain further your comment regarding oxidation of the juice? Please pardon my ignorance here?
    This should explian what you are looking for 

http://juicing-for-health.com/delay-juice-oxidation.html
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    McStew said:

This is the one we found to be the best 

I had this one ^^ as well.  I was possibly a little harsh in giving my feedback on the other thread.  This juicer is extremely well built, and if a juicer is what you are looking for, this would be a good choice.  

Juicing just was not for me.  I didn't like the juices, and I really didn't like all the cleaning.

Phoenix 
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    @blasting I couldn't agree more juicing is not for everyone.  if anyone wanting to get into juicing doesnt want to do a bunch of cleaning just after finishing then this isn't for them 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    Bought a juicer, used it a LOT the first two weeks. Then it got put out in the garage to "clean up the counter". For another two weeks, it got brought inside to make a batch of juice, then put back.
    Eventually, when I took it off the shelf, I had to rinse dust off it.

Within a year, it was a garage sale item, lost $100 in that transaction.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Maybe this one? 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site