Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

prosciutto, arugula and balsamic pizza

Options
I was feeling a tad creative today and wanted to try my hand at a unique pizza.  

I started out with making some fresh pizza dough.  I prefer using bread flour for my dough as it helps with the rise of the crust.  

After forming the dough, I heated the Kamado to 450 degrees and let my pizza stone heat soak for 2 hours prior to cooking.  

I then brought the dough out and baked it for 6 min at 450 degrees.  This gave the dough just enough heat to form.  

While that was happening, I made a pesto with EVOO, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary.  I also prepared the arugula with fresh squeezed lemon, EVOO, salt and pepper

Once I brought the dough back into the house, I added the pesto, then fresh graded mozzarella cheese.  I brought this back out and cooked for another 10 minutes or so until the cheese was golden. 

Once inside, I added some torn up pieces of prosciutto, the arugula salad and some thin slices of parmesan cheese.  I then drizzled a balsamic reduction glaze that I made for the pizza. 

Comments