Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri Tip Success Finally

Options
TCT
TCT Posts: 168
After several attempts with little success, finally got this right!! SWMBO is away for the weekend , which allowed me to once again try a Tri Tip ( at $26-30 a piece here in Maryland, too much for mediocre results, which was all I was able to muster previously). Dry brined overnight, cooked indirect @ 250 until IT of 122 then reverse sear. Need to fine tune the rub and wood for smoke but turned out very tender and flavorful.

Craig

Cockeysville, MD

LBGE and a large list of stuff I want

Comments

• Eggty
    Eggty Posts: 58
    Options
    That looks great. 
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    That looks great. Even the small end appears to be cooked perfectly. I've only done two tri-tips and neither looked this good.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    You have a great piece of meat as well as the skill to cook it. Tri-tip is my favorite beef roast, and I finally realized sometimes the meat is just not up to par. It can be chewy and there's no way to tell before you cook it.

Last time we sous-vided the tri-tip and then seared it. It melted in the mouth! I am going to try again and see if the result is the same, and the sous vide could be the reason. Not a real lab experiment, but after several more I'll know the answer.
    Judy in San Diego