Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new edc knife

Options
FanOfFanboys
FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
This one will actually be a gift but I am tempted to keep myself
it is a necker and the handle is dyed jigged bone

it hangs around your neck with 550 paracord w/ a breakaway clasp
Boom

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Very nice...I would love to get a knife like that...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That's a purdy knife for sure!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Very nice...I would love to get a knife like that...
    PM me if really interested and I'll get you in touch with the maker and he will let you know when queue is open. 

I gwbr first generation version. They're great EDC knives. 
    Boom
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Very Nice. Good gift. A one of a kind?
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    gdenby said:
    Kind of 

so the blade smith makes everything custom/to order. From heat treat to handles he does. 

He he has designs from paring and bread knives to big game skinners and Bowie knives. That stays the same. You choose steel (like 1084 or Damascus) and handle materials. A lot of options there 

his necker is one of his top selling knives so plenty will order that knife. Probably many in jigged bone. Who knows if any will be blue dyed jigged bone though 

hope that answers. this is my 5th knife by him and I have a my next 5 already lined up (2 of those are gifts). I have gyuto, paring (both in Damascus), big game skinner, and now two neckers (with this being a gift)
    Boom
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    gdenby said:
    Kind of 

so the blade smith makes everything custom/to order. From heat treat to handles he does. 

He he has designs from paring and bread knives to big game skinners and Bowie knives. That stays the same. You choose steel (like 1084 or Damascus) and handle materials. A lot of options there 

his necker is one of his top selling knives so plenty will order that knife. Probably many in jigged bone. Who knows if any will be blue dyed jigged bone though 

hope that answers. this is my 5th knife by him and I have a my next 5 already lined up (2 of those are gifts). I have gyuto, paring (both in Damascus), big game skinner, and now two neckers (with this being a gift)
    Kewl. I think the Brits call tailored to order "bespoke." Not quite unique, but to fit the buyer the best.

I'm on a 40 mo. wait list to have a file (ca. 1915 - 25) from my grandfather reforged into a really long kitchen knife. The guy(s) doing it prefer to re-work old steel. Hope to use it some before passing it on to son and then grandson.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    That is a beauty.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx