Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Point ?

Options
billy bob
billy bob Posts: 16
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had my egg for about 6 months now. I love it. One question though, I have cooked about 6 briskets(with the forums help) and they have all turned out great except for the point. It seems that there is way two much fat that hasn't rendered out. I have been pulling them when the polder says 180-192. The probe is in the flat,btw. Should I allow it to cook a little longer, or check the temp of the point.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy Billy-Bob,
    I have not tried, but it might be interesting to check the temp of the point when the flat is done. A few days ago I cooked my first "point" cut..without the flat. I think I pulled it at about 185, when the polder slid in and out like butter. It was great eating, but you did have to trim around some of the fat that didn't render. No trouble to cut around, and the meat sure was good! [p]Not sure if that helps.
    Merry Christmas.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ