Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thinking about going to the Ga mountain Egg Fest but....

Options
2»

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @Jupiter Jim anybody know if this time The Fast & The Furious aka Southern Wörthersee Tour in Helena, GA?  We enjoy this also. We love this area. One day we may decide to just stay. 
    https://youtu.be/iZ4OjJUm0ks
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @Jupiter Jim anybody know if this time The Fast & The Furious aka Southern Wörthersee Tour in Helena, GA?  We enjoy this also. We love this area. One day we may decide to just stay. 
    https://youtu.be/iZ4OjJUm0ks
    This is fun and fascinating!  We hit it by chance last year.  We're about 45 minutes from Helen. We go to Helen 2-3 times a year, and never miss Octoberfest.  Fun place.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    It's a lot like Key West a tourist town and a hell of a curvy drive to get there! Lots of T shirt shops, restaurant's and gift shops. We don't need to go back. :( 

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• bgebrent
    Options
    It's a lot like Key West a tourist town and a hell of a curvy drive to get there! Lots of T shirt shops, restaurant's and gift shops. We don't need to go back. :( 
    It is a tourist trap, but a fun one.  You forgot to mention the river running through the town and the mediocre German cuisine.  Also the fudge shop and candy store.  And the glass blowing store.  When your driving the USS Eisenhower, that road would be unpleasant Jim. ;)
  • outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    It is a tourist trap, but a fun one.  You forgot to mention the river running through the town and the mediocre German cuisine.  Also the fudge shop and candy store.  And the glass blowing store.  When your driving the USS Eisenhower, that road would be unpleasant Jim. ;)

When I was there 2 weeks ago on the Harley, I found a great dive bar called pies n pints, a hole in the wall joint, but great food.  of all things, I got spaghetti n meats balls, was delicious. I have traveled all my life for my job and have never ordered spaghetti in a restaurant.   big daddys restaurant had a great tasting greasy cheeseburger n fries plus beer !!!!

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:

When I was there 2 weeks ago on the Harley, I found a great dive bar called pies n pints, a hole in the wall joint, but great food.  of all things, I got spaghetti n meats balls, was delicious. I have traveled all my life for my job and have never ordered spaghetti in a restaurant.   big daddys restaurant had a great tasting greasy cheeseburger n fries plus beer !!!!
    It's a fun place, and oh ya, the beer.  We like it as a tradition.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Helen, GA. did not renew the permit for the Southern Worthersee this year. It is moving to Savannah.

Johns Creek, Georgia