Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza For My Mechanics

Options
In my hometown of Lexington, IL we have a great paint and body shop.  To stay in their good graces, I have made them my official Big Green Egg taste-testers.  Among their favorites, pizza rates high, so today was pizza day for the boys. While my dough was resting I put together my ingredients: ground beef, brisket, Italian sausage, roast chicken breast, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, mozzarella, cheddar, pizza and BBQ sauces.I rolled out my dough on cornmeal dusted parchment paper, placed them on aluminum pans for easy transfer. Then came the pizza building.I put my pizza stone on my legs down plate setter. I used foil balls to space the stone above the plate setter. Let the stone get to 400 degrees, pit temperature around 650 degrees, then let them go.I put the pizzas on the stone, one at a time. I left the parchment under the pie for the first couple of minutes. Then I use the parchment to turn the pie as I slide the paper out from under the pizza. My mechanics gave their approval, and reaffirmed my status as the number one preferred customer.

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Looks like a winner!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Jellyworm
    Jellyworm Posts: 96
    Options
    Please share your dough recipe for pizza please. 
    Large BGE
    Houston, TX
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Good looking pies!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    ....and beer for my hoses. Pizzas look great. I am certain they are a hit around the shop there.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Nice pies....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Very nice pies!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    food looks good!!! Trying to put 2 and 2 together. You called them your mechanics, but you said it is a paint and body shop. Your moniker implies you race so I assume that is stock cars or drag racing. Lastly if you like to keep body shops guys in your good graces then you must have wrecks a lot. =)  BTW being in Lexington do you ever race in Peoria?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Nicely done. Pies look great and happy stomachs 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Racin Rick
    Options
    Jellyworm, I use Peter Reinhart's Napoletana Pizza Dough Recipe.  Put Peter Reinhart pizza in the search box. Backyard Mike has a good post with pictures.
  • Racin Rick
    Options
    RPM, I raced street stocks in the 90's @ Fairbury American Legion Speedway. I am retired now, my photo is dated, probably should update someday. I never raced @ Peoria, but I have crewed for others there. We participated in their infamous Figure 8 Enduros back in the 90's. I aware of the fine Peoria history, Webb, Bohlander, Strube, etc. Unfortunately these days I spend more time across the street....at the comedy club, NOT the adult entertainment.