Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Post your rib cooking method

Options
Curious what everyone does specifically temp. 

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Season baby backs and cook at 250 with cherry/oak until tender.  

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    A: 230-250 for approx. 5 hours for backs, 6 for spares.
    B: 350-375 for approx. 100 minutes for backs, 2:15 minutes for spares.

Never foil.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    Spare turbo ribs - 280 for about 2 hours and then add a brown sugar glaze and continue for another 30 minutes  Let rest for about 10-15 minutes.  No foiling.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • EggSmokeVa
    EggSmokeVa Posts: 378
    Options
    250-275 temp.. 3-2-1 for spares and hybrid 2-1-1 with baby backs.. Foil with butter, honey, and brown sugar.. Usually some form of liquid.. Beer or apple juice works great
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party
    Yard full of other stuff to cook on

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
    Professional Drinker & Home Cook
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     For Spares(full or St Louis) Close to 250* target temps.  Rubbed. Spritzed after two and three hours(apple juice/rub). Sauce after four hours(maybe again at 4.5). Ready near five hours. Bend test or pobe to test. 

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    Options
    275 to 300, where ever it likes to stabalize. Then until they pass the bend test. 
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited April 2016
    Options
    bboulier said:
    Spare turbo ribs - 280 for about 2 hours and then add a brown sugar glaze and continue for another 30 minutes  Let rest for about 10-15 minutes.  No foiling.
    280* is turbo? I like cooking at 275 and my ribs would be rubber in 2.5hrs. All listed times should be used as a baseline. All meat is different. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,117
    Options
    Season with dry rub overnight
    ~275 for 3+ hrs naked
    Pull Cut and Foil for 30 min
    Serve.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Season. Put in egg 250-275. Come back 5 or so hours later. Eat.