Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3-2-1 method

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Could someone please explain or link to it. I keep seeing post about it,but dunno what it is. Also where do I get a proder? Thanks

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Jack Wilson, easy question, check out the link - it is just one of may great methods to making great baby back ribs! While you are browsing the page is you go all the way to the bottom, click on the GFAQ Index link then click on the Polder/Wireless Thermometer link - you'll find their web address and phone number. :~][p]

[ul][li]3/1/1.5 Ribs[/ul]
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    polder.jpg
    <p />Jack Wilson,[p]GFW gave you the link to the site about 3-1.5-1 cooking. [p]Here is a picture of a Polder thermometer. Polder is just a brand name and these are made with many different names. Radio shack even sells the one on the right with the name Radio Shack on it. The one on the left is an instant read by Polder and the one on the right is the one you want first with the remote probe. Having both has been a real help to knowing when something is "done" or not.[p]Tim
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Tim M,
    I think that Radio Shack discontinued them. I hope that I am wrong.
    RhumAndJerk

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    You are correct i believe. I picked up one of them at 9 bucks earlier this year as they were clearing them out. Not sure if they have a new model or not.[p]Soon I will sink my teeth into the brisket, and see what the Eaton's is all about. Just moved out of the plateau.
    Cheers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    Actually the company in China has stopped making them - but some Radio Shacks may still have the old model. There is a new model but I don't have one yet since I have 2 of the old one that work great.[p]Tim