Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New table finally built

Options
GeoM
GeoM Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
View?u=1405458&a=10504519&p=35668845
<p />Just finished building a table for my Egg using the Wise One's plans.
Many thanks to Mr. Wise for the very detailed instructions and diagrams using Adobe Acrobat. I made the appropriate modifications for my large Egg and it came out perfect. A large amount of work obviously went into putting together these plans and is a testament to the selfless efforts of those that make this forum such a success.
Once again THANKS![p]GeoM

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    therm1.jpg
    <p />GeoM,[p]Nice table/cart for the Egg -- cute kid! I need to build one of the tables someday.....[p]I would suggest that you add a spacer of some sort behind that dome thermometer to keep it from heating up and warping the plastic lens cover. It will then allow moisture to accumulate under the lens. I use a U shaped piece of aluminium but others use a wine cork, bottle cap, copper tube, etc. The picture speaks better than I.[p]Tim
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Tim M,
    That spacer you gave me is a permanent fixture on junior. BTW, I wanted to install that stainless vent on junior, but the old one is glued on. What do I use to reseal the new one??? High temp silicone or something??[p]Brisket at 100 internal. Good day!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Yes. Pick up a tube of black RTV silicone (I think that's correct)and put a bead around the vent when you set it on the Egg. You may need more in places after you bolt on the vent. just make sure the whole vent is sealed against the Egg or your bottom vent will suck air when closed. I used a red silicone only because I had it laying around. I would get the black to do a better job. [p]Tim