Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Space City Eggfest

Options

It's time to start thinking about Eggfests!  This year we are adding a new one to our list of "must attend"..... The Space City Eggfest in Old Town Spring, Texas on May 21st. Spring is about 30 miles north of Houston and Old Town is full of shops and treasures. One place you don't want to miss is the Simply Texas Pepper Palace Spice shop http://www.simplytx.com/.

Check out the Space City website (updating daily) and sign up. There is no charge for cooks. Ace Hardware is going all out to make sure this is a wonderful event for everyone - cooks and tasters.

http://spacecityeggfest.com/

Be sure to look us up at the eggfest (Spring Chicken and Spring Hen).  We would love to visit with you!

Judy
Covington, Louisiana USA

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Good luck. I would remind you to have fun, but that would be like reminding you to breathe. 
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    thanks for the heads up. We will be there, see you in Athens
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Thanks Judy, we have already registered to cook and Hotel reservations.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Registered Lora and I this morning.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    Looking forward to it, Judy!  Have registered and gotten hotel reservations.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Hotch
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

You may need to poke @caliking to signup early to cook!!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Photo Egg said:

lol...sent him the links this morning. He really is a blast to hang with. Hope he makes it. Although he is now coming to Athens Eggfest.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Hotch
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Hotch said:
    Photo Egg said:

lol...sent him the links this morning. He really is a blast to hang with. Hope he makes it. Although he is now coming to Athens Eggfest.
    Yes sir that is good to hear.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    Options
    Awesome! I didn't know this was a thing. Family friendly event, or leave the kids at home? Either way, I'll be there.

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Hotch said:
    Photo Egg said:

Done! Registered for Space City. Will register for Athens soon. Thanks for the info, Darien (and Ms. Hen!)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    lewisj82 said:
    Awesome! I didn't know this was a thing. Family friendly event, or leave the kids at home? Either way, I'll be there.

Athens is definitely a family event.  Kids will love it. It is held at the Texas Fisheries. Check it out...http://tpwd.texas.gov/spdest/visitorcenters/tffc/

I don't know anything about Space City yet because this is the first year. It is being held in Old Town Spring which is very "wife" oriented. Tons of shops to stroll through while you slave over a hot Egg  :-)

Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • lewisj82
    Options
    Thanks @Spring Hen ! I emailed the organizers earlier just hadn't heard back yet.

Very familiar with Old Town Spring, live just a few miles away and have spend many (boring for ME) afternoons there with the wife.

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • Spring Hen
    Options
    @lewisj82 you can sign up at spacecityeggfest.com. Wait for the 3rd screen to see who is coming so far. Look forward to visiting with you.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • lewisj82
    Options
    Heard back from Troy with ACE about the event today-

"Our goal is always to be family friendly.  There will be alcohol sold at the event.

Being the first year we withheld having activities for kids to participate in but will add in coming years."

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

• 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    @Ms_Stone and I are IN!
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    20stone said:
    @Ms_Stone and I are IN!
    That is great news.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Sounds like another great Texas Eggfest! It's just not in our Eggfest budget this year, maybe someday we will get out west. :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I'll be there and cooking. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • caliking
    Options
    @20stone and I planned our cook over breakfast the morning after the Athens fest, so we're ready! 

• Spring Hen
    Options
    caliking said:
    @20stone and I planned our cook over breakfast the morning after the Athens fest, so we're ready! 
    Please tell me it will be something with mango salad..........that was soooo goooodddd
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • caliking
    Options
    caliking said:
    Please tell me it will be something with mango salad..........that was soooo goooodddd
    Not planning on mango salad for Spring :)

SWMBO was the mastermind behind that. I'll have her send you the recipe (if she hasn't already).