Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT post the best BBQ joints in your area

Options
13»

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Mr. Pig Stuff family owned bbq joint in Shakopee, MN. Known for their sandwich called the "Pile". It's a sandwich that has brisket, pulled pork, homemade mac & cheese, coleslaw, and topped with barbecue sauce. Killer good

I'll second that place.  Some day I'll tackle The Pile.  I generally don't stray far from the brisket.  

The name of their new sandwich doesn't make me want one though: Slop Bucket.  Really?  :) 

@sheetmetalpete I'm the same way with the pile. I really haven't ever ordered anything other than the pile. They even have a picture on the wall of my wife and I eating our piles when they catered our wedding. :o Surprised they haven't lost money with my ugly mug on the wall! =)

My buddy had the slop bucket and he really liked it. I wish I could get my brisket as tender as them!!!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Focker said:
    Pretty sure I'm in the minority here.  But when travelling, even to TX, BBQ with cheap commercial flavorless white bread and pickles would not be at the top of the list.  It may be because we have no decent BBQ joints in the area.  Even if we did, I wouldn't see my self indulging on a regular basis.    

Have been watching Franklin on Iowa Public TV when its on.  Not impressed with him, or his guests, to say the least.  But hey, it's the cool hipster thang these days, and I can see the whole TX pride thang.  

East would be Southern cuisine, then seafood central east, then Italian in NY
    Although APL's Daisy Mae would be a must.  Too many other ethnic cuisines in the Big Apple that would be fun seeking out to list.

Husk in Charleston, SC.

TX would be Tex Mex, or some modern hipster chef cuisine.

HI-  Seafood, a Luau pig cooked in the ground is mandatory IMO.

Just a few examples, but Q is not something I seek out, even in traditionally Q heavy regions.  You won't find me herded for hours in that line. 

I agree with this.  I ate Franklin's last spring - it was certainly the best Q I've had, and I'm glad I had it, but dinner at Qui was far and away the best meal I had in Austin, and of the 2, the one I'd return to.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• JBGE
    JBGE Posts: 1
    Options
    Pecan Lodge is phenomenal Q, best I have had in North Texas. 
  • ckali7
    ckali7 Posts: 120
    Options
    beteez said:
    ckali7 said:
    Savannah: B's crackling
    Brunswick: Gary Lee's and Southern Soul
    Charleston: Swig and Swine
    Done! 
    Where are you located?
    Richmond Hill Ga. But travel the low country frequently.