Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Ribs

Options
thetrim
thetrim Posts: 11,366
Doing some beef ribs.  Unfortunately not Texas style super thick beef ribs. These are about as good as I can find here at my local publix.  $2.99/lb.  I rubbed w my personal barbacoa rub that I put together as well with a 50/50 SnP

=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    How do you plan to cook them?
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • thetrim
    Options
    On the large w some cherry wood.   250-300 until complete 
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Options
    Looking forward to the finished product.  Keep us posted!! =)
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,544
    Options
    Yeah want to see this... I need to try some beef ribs... Not done that yet. 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Got some chuck ribs in fridge for tomorrow night. Supposed to be tonight but 3 of the 4 of us battling stomach virus
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,534
    Options
    @Chubbs - I am sure that virus is in no way connected to any of your BGE cooking adventures.  Hope all recover soonest and enjoy the ribs.  Beef ribs beat their pork cousins every time.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    Options
    A bad buffalo burger out me down for about 35 hours last week.  Get well soon
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Captainjimpark
    Options
    I live in south Texas and cannot find even decent looking beef ribs,you can get beef back ribs at Walmart but they are very expensive and are solid fat.i just came from SAMs club ,spoke with the butcher and he said they used to have them in 20 pound boxes but nobody would buy them.finaly stopped at a small Mexican meat market and they had them for 1.69 a pound,I bought a rack to try them. Aperance wise they look better than Walmart by far.
  • thetrim
    Options
    Got a little hungry while waiting for the ribs and found an extra mini Bobali crust so fired up the mini and....
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Yes!!!! Mini pizza for the win.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • thetrim
    Options
    And we're done....
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Finished w a quick sear after a mango habenero saucing 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Smoked on pecan cherry wood for 1.5 hours wrapped w butcher paper for another 1.5 then finished w sauce raised direct 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Captainjimpark
    Options
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Is that Sweet Baby Ray's mango habanero? If so, I could about drink that stuff! Ribs look great!
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • thetrim
    Options
    No it's a local brand to the Tampa Bay Area. Every time I use it, I do think I need to use it much more.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Nice looking ribs.  One of my favorite cooks too.  Your sauce sounds killer.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Got some chuck ribs in fridge for tomorrow night. Supposed to be tonight but 3 of the 4 of us battling stomach virus
    I had a similar situation on Saturday night. Wife claims it was the malted beverages from the Friday night Clemptech baseball tailgate. I knew something was going around.

Very nice looking ribs there @thetrim  
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 701
    Options
    Maybe it was the first two losses of the season that got ya? At least you beat The Citadel this time around!

The ribs are nice indeed
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Chubbs - I am sure that virus is in no way connected to any of your BGE cooking adventures.  Hope all recover soonest and enjoy the ribs.  Beef ribs beat their pork cousins every time.
    Not a chance. This thing is going around the Carolinas like wildfire. My infant was first to get it. Hard watching a 10 month old sick. Also hard watching your 3.5 year old calling the dinosaurs. I think the beef ribs were a little aggressive for first meal "back". Still good though and I agree. Better than pork IMo
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013