Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Planked Mahi Mahi..a little boring

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had a nice fat mahi mahi I planked on cedar. Came out moist and tender...and a little bland. I usually don't add a lot of seasoning to planked stuff, but this is such a thick fish it needed some will to live. Any suggestions that won't argue with the cedar flavor??[p]mShark

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    mollyshark,
    how about brushing on some garlic butter with a little cilantro or rosemary in it about halfway through and letting that melt into the fish? . .. i love mahi mahi grilled that way, oughta work with planks as well .. .

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    mollyshark,
    i really enjoy mahi mahi steaked, but have never found that it was good filleted.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Smokin Bob
    Smokin Bob Posts: 239
    Options
    mollyshark,[p]For some reason I really didn't care for the Mahi or Grouper done on Cedar planks. I enjoy my salmon planked but prefer my saltwater fish done with some seasoning and without a plank...