Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Be My Valentine

Options
Big_Green_Craig
Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
edited February 2016 in Seafood
Yesterday, my wife and I celebrated our 13th Valentine's Day together. I can't believe how time has flown by. 

We celebrated with a romantic trip to Sam's Club, the grocery store and a stop by the dry cleaners. Lame, I know. Then we came home and made a fantastic meal. 

Pan seared Chilean Sea Bass over a bed of sauteed greens with a fire roasted pepper sauce.

The sauce was started by fire roasting a red and a yellow bell pepper. These were charred around 500f on the mini max. The skins were sweated off in a ziploc bag, then julienne and tossed into a hot pan with some evoo, shallots, salt & pepper for a quick saute. Once the shallots were tender, I added some fish stock and simmered. When reduced, the pan contents were blended until smooth. 

The fish was deboned, it was seasoned with kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper and and fresh crushed thyme. 

With the Mini Max still hot, I threw on my Finex skillet and seared the fish in a little bit of evoo, plated and spritzed with a little bit of fresh lemon juice. 

Finished the night off with some Roses...

My Valentine was very happy. Hope you had a great day as well. 

Comments