Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smokware table nest

Options
realy happy with the quality of the table neat I bought from smokware.

it is pretty heavy and extremely well built.

it also has adjustable legs that can be used to give it more airflow under bottom(for those concerned about flow.

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    slovelad said:

it also has adjustable legs that can be used to give it more airflow under bottom(for those concerned about flow.

Thanks @slovelad. I was eye balling those and it was not evident that had the adjustable feet. The solid design gave me very slight pause. Your vote of confidence is all I need, we will get these ordered up. Thanks again. 
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    slovelad said:

Thanks @slovelad. I was eye balling those and it was not evident that had the adjustable feet. The solid design gave me very slight pause. Your vote of confidence is all I need, we will get these ordered up. Thanks again. 
    Yea I have no idea why they don't advertise the adjustable feet
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    slovelad said:
    slovelad said:

Yea I have no idea why they don't advertise the adjustable feet
    Yeah, it's a real great feature. 
  • A5firearms
    Options
    Please post pics once it is sitting under your egg. Very interested in seeing fit and finished look.
    Lake Keowee, SC
    XLarge, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Custom Table, KAB, Woo2, Guru DigiQ DX2,
    Family of 5 Meat Eaters
  • slovelad
    Options
    Please post pics once it is sitting under your egg. Very interested in seeing fit and finished look.
    Will do
  • bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    Options
    Unfortunately this is only available for Large BGE's.
    If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Bge table nest looks better imo...but options I guess.
    Seattle, WA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    bobroo said:
    Unfortunately this is only available for Large BGE's.
    Ok - while a XL wouldn't fit, but since that hole in the center is just 9" then all other eggs would sit on it fine. Just sayin
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Much better design the the factory one.  Thanks for posting.

Phoenix 
  • Texag06ish
    Options
    I like your little "ash slide" - where'd you get that from?
  • RRP
    Options
    @slovelad nice, but I thought you were in the Kick Ash Basket crowd. I haven't scraped ash out my vent since I went the KAB route.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I also like the "adult beverage assist handle"
    Phoenix 
  • Dexterdog
    Options

Any suggestions on what I could use as a nest for a Mini Max that I am building into a cedar table?  

I know the MM comes with its own crate (with handles) which I want to keep for when I take it places.  The crate does not work with the table I am having built for a LBGE and MM.  There are cut outs for the two eggs.  I was thinking of using two patio bricks under the Mini Max but I am looking for something better.   I already have the nest for the Large.  Anyone have any ideas what to use for the MM?    Thank you
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Dexterdog ... You might measure the bottom diameter of the Mini-Max and compare it to the medium and the large ... a table nest from one of those eggs might be close enough.

Edit:  My large table nest looks to be about 14" across.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    I really like that idea, and here is why:

1. My table is likely not 100% level on its own.
    2. My patio is sloped for positive drainage.
    3. My patio is paver, so depending on where my table's casters are depends on how level (or not) the table is.

I have noticed it being not level while doing a pan of baked beans or when I have a water pan in, etc.  The bge one does nothing to help fix that.
  • RRP
    Options
    stompbox said:
    I really like that idea, and here is why:

1. My table is likely not 100% level on its own.
    2. My patio is sloped for positive drainage.
    3. My patio is paver, so depending on where my table's casters are depends on how level (or not) the table is.

I have noticed it being not level while doing a pan of baked beans or when I have a water pan in, etc.  The bge one does nothing to help fix that.
    Granted a little un-level-ness is no big issue, but when it is greater then it is an issue. I have a similar problem with my table housed eggs. Here's how I resolved it though it may not work for you. First I put my plate setter in and then using a round bulls-eye level I got a feel for just how out of level my egg was. Then I cut a tapered piece of wood and inserted it between my fire ring and fire box. I pushed it in until the bulls-eye showed my ps was level. Then I marked the spot on the wood so I could measure the height of a permanent shim. With just a little grinding and hand filing of some aluminum stock I had the piece which I place on my fire ring before adding my ps and presto-change-o my grill surface is level. Needless to say even if I don't use my ps then I still just rest my grill on the aluminum piece and it's level!
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    RRP said:
    @slovelad nice, but I thought you were in the Kick Ash Basket crowd. I haven't scraped ash out my vent since I went the KAB route.
    My KAB must be defective since ash still falls thru the grid. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• RRP
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    RRP said:
    My KAB must be defective since ash still falls thru the grid. :)
    ??? Don't you remove it and shake it or stir it well? Only a small amount actually falls in to my egg which I then need to scoop out every few cooks. Some here just use a vacuum.
  • slovelad
    Options
    @Texag06ish I actually made that myself. I just cut a template out of super thin aluminum. It works pretty well. At the very least it looks cool
  • Abter
    Abter Posts: 125
    Options
    slovelad said:
    really happy with the quality of the table neat I bought from smokeware. it is pretty heavy and extremely well built.
    Unfortunately they are also pretty expensive. ~$80 seems to be the going list price for the smoke ware nest.  A table nest for $30, or BGE (and similar) feet (at eBay if necessary), or even terra cotta gardener planter feet, are a whole lot less.

Stay Calm and Egg On
    1 lonely medium in Rockville, MD
  • slovelad
    Options
    Abter said:
    slovelad said:
    really happy with the quality of the table neat I bought from smokeware. it is pretty heavy and extremely well built.
    Unfortunately they are also pretty expensive. ~$80 seems to be the going list price for the smoke ware nest.  A table nest for $30, or BGE (and similar) feet (at eBay if necessary), or even terra cotta gardener planter feet, are a whole lot less.

Yes, and I will admit, I just had the extra cash at the time. And other than the adjustable feet, it is built much better than the BGE ones. Functionality wise, nothing special 
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    slovelad said:
    @Texag06ish I actually made that myself. I just cut a template out of super thin aluminum. It works pretty well. At the very least it looks cool
    Here's one I made
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    edited February 2016
    Options
    slovelad
    slovelad said:
    Would you like a piece of stainless to go under your nest? I could put a 1" bend on front and you could slide it under the nest. No charge but you pay UPS shipping. Looks like about 24" wide. Message me if interested.
  • matt121966
    Options
    stunning photos.

Toledo, OH

XL BGE (December 2014), 2 burner weber gas