Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Reverse Sear and some Pork Tenderloins

Options
SWMBO is out of town on business so I decided to give my first reverse sear a try. Picked up a nice ribeye, almost 2 inches thick, from the local grocery store, along with some pork tenderloins that I plan to slice up for lunch this week. Got the LBGE fired up to about 250, and cooked indirect until 125 for the ribeye, and 130 or so for the tenderloins. Pulled the platesetter and got the egg to about 575 and then seared the tenderloins for 2 minutes per side, and the ribeye for 1 minute per side. Haven't touched the tenderloins yet, but the ribeye was amazing! Finished with blue cheese... can't believe I waited so long to try a reverse sear. Absolutely outstanding. Everything seasoned with just Lowry's Seasoned Salt (personal favorite of mine) and pepper.

Comments