Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spicy Chicken & Waffles and a Purple Cabbage Salad.

Options
Mattman3969
Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
edited February 2016 in EggHead Forum
Not the typical chicken and waffle meal that would first hit your mind but very good nonetheless

I started out making the Purple Cabbage Salad.  1/2 head of purple cabbage chopped to bout 1/2" or so,couple handfuls of julienned carrots,chopped pecans,raisins & Apple cider vinegar,lemon juice, celery seeds and EVOO.  I let it hang out in the fridge for about 2 1/2hrs. 

Then comes the silly part.  I took 4 whole wheat eggo waffles and toasted like normal 

Tore them up and put in the processor till they were about like course breadcrumbs and then toasted in the oven till they were nice and crispy. I added fresh thyme,cayenne,salt and pepper to the crumbs. 

Now the chicken line-up.  I soaked the chicken breast in Butter Milk for 3hrs, dried the chicken then into an egg wash that had hot sauce and cayenne in it and then into the waffle crumbs. 

Then onto the large at 425° indirect raised up on the grid extender.  No pics of the egg action.  Sorry.  While the egg was doing its thing I made a sauce of sautéed garlic,apple cider, pure maple syrup,red pepper flakes and just a touch of ginger.  Again no pics.  

Plated up 

This was a very easy but exceptionally good meal.  Thanks for looking.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments